Sunderland first season - Relegation battle!

danakj

Reaction score
The issue - I just cant seem to get any goals and most of them have been flukes or just a good day for the players if I'm honest. I have my team set up in formation: 4 2 3 1. I know there are help threads and I have used this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-fm13-tactical-guide-beginners.html

Please see my screenshot for more info on team setup..

View attachment 321261

I dont know whether I am not getting many goals because of my board target level or because of my setup but would really appreciate some expertise on tactic adjustments. I was trying to setup a counter style tactic as you can see from my setup but I am currently 16th in the league and its frustrating to watch the style my players have adapted to. I am currently in march 2013 and have only 2 months to get some results.

I have adopted some instructions for the strikers and the wingers etc. Mostly just simple changes for example to limit the long shots and to ensure they don't do what they are not supposed to do.

I suppose with regards to board expectations are I am on form but I only chose that option because I am new to creating my own tactics!

Update: Ive just finished the season and Ive really had it with this game although i did stay up luckily!

Thank you for listening to me waffle. Advice much needed... Thanks!

Last edited:
why dont you try putting a DLP to provide some direct long range passes
and also i dont think that amc as trq suits for a counter attacking game

why dont you try putting a DLP to provide some direct long range passes
and also i dont think that amc as trq suits for a counter attacking game

Thank you ill try that.. I dont have a clue why sebastian larsson is set as dm too, that is not my usual position for him obviously.

I wouldn't advise a fluid approach or the degree of roaming allowed considering the limited tactical nouse of the players at your disposal.