Sunderland in need of a consistent Goal Machine who can make immediate impact!

dzunglv

Reaction score
I start 1st season with Sunderland. We have bendtner, wickham connor, Ji Dong-won (Gyan already on loan and can not be recalled). This also a network game, when my friend manages West Brom. So i do need a really consistent striker, a goal machine who can produce about 30 goals, immediate impact, but fairly cheap (so hard:( i can't find out him). I have search through the forum for like 2 days. The players people most talk about maybe: Quintero Darwin (3,3mil, not sure about his consistency), Sow Moussa (7mil), Kolbeinn Sigporsson (4mil), Kadlec (He is too young, can he do the job right from the start?)...

So can you tell me which is my best choice? I can make up to 8mil- offer for the player. Thank you! (Sorry about my English though):)

Luuk De Jong, Yaser Al Qathni, Ciro, Mushagu Bakenga, Alberto Paloschi, Welbeck (loan) Chrisitan Benitez, Robert Lewondowski, Milan Baros, Artem Milevskiy

Erick Torres is also a good shout, not sure how much he is though first season!

I had Yaya Sanogo do me an excellent job at Liverpool from first season

Luuk De Jong, Yaser Al Qathni, Ciro, Mushagu Bakenga, Alberto Paloschi, Welbeck (loan) Chrisitan Benitez, Robert Lewondowski, Milan Baros, Artem Milevskiy

Erick Torres is also a good shout, not sure how much he is though first season!

Thank you Raikan! Not so many choices though, as Bakenga unavailable in my non- Norway league game. Also i think Welbeck is an un-consistent striker since he is too selfish (my favorite team is Man utd), Robert Lewandowski is out of my league, too expensive (They want 12mil). Not sure if Barros wants to come, but his basic wage is huge. So who is the best for me? Maybe Luuk de Jong and E.Torres as backup for him? How do you think? How about Gonzalez Raul, as i see you suggest him as one of suitable men for the DL forward in your tactics?

I'm also using your CCC possession tactic (I don't remember the name, but i think it's your current work in progress, the one you use for Tottenham). It works for me as the third testing tactic, really sweet!

I had Yaya Sanogo do me an excellent job at Liverpool from first season

Thank you, but for some reason i can't make a consistent performance out of him in my past games right on my first seasons with Man Utd and Malaga. He needs time to be first class.

So anymore idea about my goal machine? ^^

Last edited:
Erick Torres Work Permit has been turned down! Maybe i will offer 6mil for Luuk de Jong. Is this too much ?

Darwin Quintero - 2.4million
23 goals first season

Thank! I decide to terminate Bendtner loan as I do not often play ther Winger cross- Header. Quintero and Luuk de Jong are now leading out front. Hoping for a good season and load of goal as attacking is all I want from my players. Astori as a huge lift to the defenders will play beside John Oshea from the start.

Thank you Raikan! Not so many choices though, as Bakenga unavailable in my non- Norway league game. Also i think Welbeck is an un-consistent striker since he is too selfish (my favorite team is Man utd), Robert Lewandowski is out of my league, too expensive (They want 12mil). Not sure if Barros wants to come, but his basic wage is huge. So who is the best for me? Maybe Luuk de Jong and E.Torres as backup for him? How do you think? How about Gonzalez Raul, as i see you suggest him as one of suitable men for the DL forward in your tactics?

I'm also using your CCC possession tactic (I don't remember the name, but i think it's your current work in progress, the one you use for Tottenham). It works for me as the third testing tactic, really sweet!

Thank you, but for some reason i can't make a consistent performance out of him in my past games right on my first seasons with Man Utd and Malaga. He needs time to be first class.

So anymore idea about my goal machine? ^^

Welbeck too selfish? I beg to differ. I'll agree that he is selfish, and doesn't like to pass when he has a half decent chance, but he produces the good to back-up and justify his selfishness. Scores for fun, and at this rate (in one of my saves) he will finish the season with 45-55 goals! Not bad at all for a 20-year-old loanee!

How you could see past his undeniable talent is beyond me. You are probably playing the wrong tactic, and thus he is not good for you.

Welbeck too selfish? I beg to differ. I'll agree that he is selfish, and doesn't like to pass when he has a half decent chance, but he produces the good to back-up and justify his selfishness. Scores for fun, and at this rate (in one of my saves) he will finish the season with 45-55 goals! Not bad at all for a 20-year-old loanee!

How you could see past his undeniable talent is beyond me. You are probably playing the wrong tactic, and thus he is not good for you.

Totally agree with you my friend. I'm so wrong and now I see it.

When i'm with Man utd, my tactic is more about teamwork, and there are too many good strikers. All Welbeck has is just some cup matches. Even back to those days, he often scored a lot for me in just one match. But for some reasons he played not well enough when Chicharito got injured. Just that and i left him there for many seasons, many save games, just because Man utd has many striker stars, and enough money to bring even better strikers in.

Now after half a season managing Sunderland, I realized "selfishness" is just no problem, as you say :) My poacher (Quintero) and even one of my AML are even far more selfish than Welbeck. But they are now both on the top scorer list. All they need is an appropriate tactic for them to get enough space up front, to dribble and, yeah, score for fun.

But even a famous manager sometimes judges a players in a wrong way, right? (I start to think about Pique leaving Man utd now:( ) Your save game and many other guys' comments just tell me about a different Welbeck. Sure I will let him in some day :) (I'm about into the winter transfer window now, but welbeck has gone to Twente, MU's affiliate)

Totally agree with you my friend. I'm so wrong and now I see it.

When i'm with Man utd, my tactic is more about teamwork, and there are too many good strikers. All Welbeck has is just some cup matches. Even back to those days, he often scored a lot for me in just one match. But for some reasons he played not well enough when Chicharito got injured. Just that and i left him there for many seasons, many save games, just because Man utd has many striker stars, and enough money to bring even better strikers in.

Now after half a season managing Sunderland, I realized "selfishness" is just no problem, as you say :) My poacher (Quintero) and even one of my AML are even far more selfish than Welbeck. But they are now both on the top scorer list. All they need is an appropriate tactic for them to get enough space up front, to dribble and, yeah, score for fun.

But even a famous manager sometimes judges a players in a wrong way, right? (I start to think about Pique leaving Man utd now:( ) Your save game and many other guys' comments just tell me about a different Welbeck. Sure I will let him in some day :) (I'm about into the winter transfer window now, but welbeck has gone to Twente, MU's affiliate)

Agree. I remember in a save I judged Erick Torres completely wrong. Bought him cheap with QPR. I thought he didn't play well enough, so I sold him to some mid-table team like Sunderland. Two seasons later he was the top scorer. Tried to buy him back, but he wasn't interested. :(

Anyway, I am on a new save now!