Sunderland Season Suddenly Hit Poor Form Help ?

Reaction score
Hey, just took charge at sunderland and i am a good few games into the season, got of to a great start with a 2-2 draw with liverpool and a 1-0 against man utd both games at home, i signed in david beckam for 1 mill and patrick vieira for 1.5 mill, his wages are worth it trust me ! i also got nani on loan had to pay a 5 mill fee towards it tho and i also got the brazillian ronaldo, not really showed much so far but i will keep faith in him :D the first month or two i had a great run of form going and suddenly out of no where i get beat off porstmouth then it has went completly downhill from their going on a 5 match loosin/draw streak untill i played everton and got a bit of luck on my side with a last minute pen but despite the win mine team still seams to be playing awfull ?

just need some advice on how to get my team playin better or some good players that would help my team progress i am stitting 8 th in he prem with 12 games played.

thanks for any help you give

Last edited:
its normal for a team to hit poor form in some part of the season. dont worry too much about it cos most of the time they bounce back. give them some time to gel as well cos i can see you've made several signings. :)

well, u can win 5 in a row and than lose 1-0 in the match u dont know why. As said above, many signings need time to adapt. Also, try to refresh formation ( by doing that u can refresh your player as well ) as opponents/ opponent's formations sometimes are better than yours tactically.

Another thing is to keep ur eyes on training, it influences ur players performance!

Tweak your tactics a bit. If you know that you are on a bad run of form, I recommend sitting back and defending in games and then setting your match strategy to 'counter'. This always helps me when I am on a bad run of form. Good luck with the rest of your season.

As Chris said, counter attacking football is a top way of doing things

Did I read your post correctly? You loaned Nani for 5 mill?