Sunderland - The only team in the North East

stevie17

Reaction score
Haveron takes over as Black Cats Manager

Sunderland Football Club have annocunced that Steve Bruce has left the club after the two parties could'nt agree on Bruce's new contract terms. It is rumoured that the club wanted Bruce to take a pay cut. The club have moved quickly to appoint the young and inexperienced manager Stevie Haveron. After a successful playing career in Northern Ireland, Haveron has had several coaching jobs in England.

In Haveron's first press conference he said he 'absolutely delighted to be appointed Sunderland manager.' He also added that he alreadly had a few transfer targets.

Right guys, thought I would start a new game with sunderland, i read kingers sunderland story and really wanted to start one.

Transfers
Ins
Di Maria - £4m
Vukcevic - £5.75m
Beckham - £475k
Shorey - Ln Fee £550k - terminated the loan after i got kaladze
Kaladze - Ln Fee £550k
Marco Aurelio Brito Dos Prazeres - £3.3m

Total - £14.75m, Said I would finish in the top half to get that amount of money.

Tried to sell O'Donovan and Murphy but nobody would take them.

Pretty happy with the signings, didn't bother signing a right back as I am going to give noworthy and beardsley a go. Di Maria and Vukcevic are great players going forward and suit my formation perfectly. Beckham was a bargain and is useful for his experience. Kaladze is good back-up for mccarthy or i might start him. Prazeres is a decent backup for cattermole and cana.

Friendlies went quite well

Kilmarnock W 4-3
Nurnberg W 2-0
MK Dons W 2-1
Rio Ave W 2-0
Santa Clara W 6-0
Vit Guimaraes W 2-1

Hopefully the season will go as well as the friendlies.