LewisFTW

Reaction score
So I've recently really gotten into reading your stories, and thought I'd make my own one! This is me, Lewis Bartlett, starting out as manager of Sheffield United. Think they're a great, experienced team to take control of and with a few new signings and good tactics, and good direction, they can easily nab promotion. Any comments and follows are more than welcome, this is my first ever story so I hope you enjoy :)

viewimage30

Sheffield United Hire Lewis Bartlett As New Manager

Bartlett vows to bring Blades back into Premiership

1217496877415.gif

Sheffield United have announced the unveiling of Lewis Bartlett as their new manager following the shock resignation of Kevin Blackwell. Many fans are questioning the appointment, as he is a complete unknown, but the board have full confidence in their man of taking them back into the Premiership. Lewis Bartlett has made his statements clear of gaining promotion with The Blades, by bringing in some fresher, younger faces to the squad along with taking full advantage of the abundance of experience already in the team.

Pre-Season Friendly Matches
v. Sheff Utd Reserves 8/7
v. Ferencvaros 11/7
v. Aberdeen 13/7
v. Chengdu 15/7
v. Grays Athletic 22/7
v. Millwall 25/7
v. Chesterfield 27/7
v. Man Utd 29/7
(****** ****, that's a hefty pre season lol!)

Will update with the results of the pre season friendlies tomorrow, I'm off to bed now though. There's the intro for you guys though :) hope this story brings some nifty followers.

I'll follow if you keep it up and yeah is a hefty pre-seaon good luck :)

Juan Pablo Angel to sign for Sheff Utd

juan_pablo_angel_1_the_associated_p.jpg

Angel will bring the goals, says Bartlett

Sheffield United have confirmed the signing of ex-Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo Angel from New York Red Bull on a free transfer. The transfer will go through on the opening of the January transfer window, the 1st. On speaking in an interview at The Blades' pre season training ground, Bartlett said that "Angel is still a great player despite his age. He has the capability to score in The Championship, and it's always a great thing to expand our options up front in case any of the other lads get injured or banned."

Bartlett is still in the transfer market for a left sided midfielder, as he feels that there is some pretty hefty strengthening to be done on the left flanks.

I think he could be pretty decent, definitely good back up for Evans and Camara. I have a very strong set of strikers now, but really do need to tighten up that left sided midfield position. I have a limited transfer fund, but I have a few bargains in mind :) Friendly results to follow!

Good oconcept and good signing in ANgel mate, try to keep this going for 3+ seasons and i'm sure i will enjoy it, finally Good luck lad. :)

Thanks mate, yea really proud of the Angel signing, he'll do well for me for sure! I'll be keeping this up for at least 3 seasons too, feeling good about this one.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

July Update (Pre Season Friendlies & News)

Pre Season Friendly Results
3-0 v. Sheff Utd Reserves. Scorers: Little, Evans, Reid. Good result, albeit I mostly played against the Under 18s as Sheff Utd's reserve side is very limited.
1-1 v. Ferencvaros. Scorer: Cresswell. Kind of expected a win, but didn't know much of Ferencvaros.
2-0 v. Aberdeen. Scorers: Camara, Evans. Good solid win from a decent side in this game.
3-2 v. Chengdu. Scorers: Evans, Henderson, Cresswell. Chinese sister club really took me for a run, really unexpected side.
1-0 v. Greys Athletic. Scorers: Camara. Expected much more dominance, but was a weakened side.
4-1 v. Millwall. Scorers: Evans x4. Great result, all of Evans' goals were from 20/25 yards. Top lad.
3-0 v. Chesterfield. Scorers: Cresswell, Treacy, Reid. Yet another win I'm very pleased with, with a weakened side again.
2-5 v. Man Utd. Scorers: Little, Henderson. Really took them for a run in the first half, as it stood 2-2. Utd totally dominated the second half though, kinda disappointed after a brilliant first half.

Top Player
Ched Evans
chad-evans.jpg

Scored 7 in 6 starts and 2 sub appearances including 4 outside the box stunners against Millwall. Really was impressed with him in pre season, I knew he was gonna be top but he really did surprise me. It's clear to me that I'm gonna need to keep a hold of this guy if I'm to excel as Sheff Utd manager in this league and beyond! Even had some great clear cut chances against Man Utd, shame he couldn't convert them though.

In other news...

Blades Capture Awesome Duo

Sol_Campbell_492341a.jpg
_44564399_steven_smith_sns416.jpg

Campbell and Smith join Blades' promotion bid

Premiership and FA Cup winning captain Sol Campbell has agreed to a two year deal at Bramall Lane, stating that he is delighted to return to football so swiftly, and to be accepted by a top Championship team. Campbell turned down a contract offer from Portuguese giants FC Porto in order to sign for Sheffield United. Lewis Bartlett was said to be extremely pleased at to sign Campbell on a free, and was even more happier at beating Porto to the punch. Bartlett also stated that Campbell will be captain of the side, and has put full confidence in him to hopefully captain the side to Championship glory or at least promotion this season.

And another signing for Bartlett, Rangers reserve Steven Smith has joined for a small fee of just £200,000. Bartlett is delighted to bring in such a great prospect for Sheffield United, and said that Steven Smith is just what the club needs to fill in the left midfield, bringing in much more depth. The 23 year old is said to be happy to be playing the in English leagues, and hopes he can do everything he can to help Sheffield United back into the Premiership.

August update to follow soon. Pretty big August for me too, with matches against Middlesbrough, Watford, Leicester, Reading and West Brom in the League and Rochdale in The Carling Cup 1st Round. Screenshots of the League table, top player of the month etc will be on there too :)

Last edited:
Middlesbrough 1-1 Sheff Utd

View attachment 40603

In a pretty dull opening to the Championship season, promotion hunters Middlesbrough and Sheffield United couldn't be prized apart in a game that saw plenty of cards but only 2 goals. It took until the 69th minute when Henri Camara opened the deadlock thanks to a brilliant pass from Ched Evans splitting open the defence.

Middlesbrough then retaliated with man of the match Adam Johnson scoring a brilliant goal from the outside of the area, putting the ball straight past the flapping hands of Mark Bunn.

The game was full of controversy, with Middlesbrough also being denied a penalty, and saw 4 bookings and the one sending off, coming in the 90th minute: Sheffield United defender Kyle Walker.

Match Stats

Sheffield United
Line up: Bunn, Walker, A. Taylor, Campbell (France 80), Kilgallon, Montgomery, Williamson, Treacy (Reid 69), Quinn, Camara (Cresswell 80), Evans.
Goals: Camara 69.
Sent off: Walker 90.

Middlesbrough
Line up: Jones, Hoyte, A. Taylor (Walker 71), Wheater, Riggott, O'Neil, Johnson, Digard (McMahon 71), Shawky, Lita (Franks 82), Aliadiere.
Goals: Johnson 76.

Man of the Match: Adam Johnson (7.7).

Rochdale 2-0 Sheffield United

View attachment 40602

Sheffield United easily booked their place in the Second Round of the Carling Cup tonight, as they cruised past League Two side Rochdale 2-0 at Spotland. Rochdale never turned up, and never really looked comfortable. However goalkeeper Kenny Arthur did very well at keeping out United until the second half.

It took till the 62nd minuted for Sheffield United to open the deadlock this time, with Matthew Kilgallon heading in from a Glen Little corner. Then in the 82nd minute, Ched Evans opened his account for the season by cooly slotting home from just inside the box.

Sheffield United were awarded with their win with a home draw in the Second Round, against League One outfit Milton Keynes Dons.

Match Stats

Rochdale
Line up: Arthur, Wiseman, T. Kennedy, Dawson, Flynn (Holness 45), Keltie, Thompson (Rundle 76), Buckley, J. Kennedy, Jones, Younghusband (O'Grady 82).

Sheffield United
Line up: Bunn, France, Taylor, Campbell, Kilgallon, Montgomery, Little (Stewart 79), Treacy (Reid 79), Quinn, Henderson, Evans.
Goals: Kilgallon 62, Evans 82.

Man of the Match: Matthew Kilgallon (7.9).

Sheffield United 2-1 Watford

Watford made Bartlett's United side sweat a little in a close fought encounter at Bramall Lane. Watford's new boy Danny Graham actually opened the scoring for the visitors in just the 11th minuted, with a mazy run totally exposing Sheffield United's defence line.

United then almost instantly replied, with Ched Evans setting up Henri Camara to score his second goal in the Championship thus far with a real poacher on 13 minutes. Before the first half was out, Ched Evans then scored one of his own, scoring his first league goal for The Blades on 36 minutes.

Despite the second half lacking goals, Watford took the game to Sheffield United with attack after attack, but just couldn't break the defence thanks to United's brilliant offside trap play. Manager Bartlett commended captain Sol Campbell after the game, claming his leadership of the defence kept them in the game and ultimately scored them a vital win.

Match Stats

Sheffield United
Line up: Bunn, Walker, Taylor (Reid 79), Campbell, Kilgallon, Montgomery, Williamson (Little 79), Stewart, Quinn, Camara, Evans.
Goals: Camara 13, Evans 36.

Watford
Line up: Loach, Doyley, Harley, Cathcart (Kelly 80), DeMerit, Weiss, Travner (Sadler 74), Severin (Cowie 80), Jenkins, Hoskins, Graham.
Goals: Graham 11.

Man of the Match: Ched Evans (7.5).

Erm... you put that Rochdale won 2-0 :S