justified

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Decided to have a fun little side project where I've set up a new game with Deportivo and will test any submitted tactics with the proposed OI, team select and tactic. Below is the 15 games that will be played:

All tactics will have 100% familiarity, the team will start with "Very Good" morale from the first game, after that the morale stays as is. All injuries/bans/unhappiness will be removed before each game. Instant result will be used to make the test quicker.

So what do I need from you guys? Well to submit your tactics (OI's if you want) and what starting XI you want from the Deportivo side :

If you could post in the current format it'd make my life so much easier. Just copy and paste and apply the info :

Tactic : E.g Executioner
OI : None
Starting XI : Fabricio; Luare, Insua, Sidnei, Canella; Wilk, Jose Rodrigues; Borges, Cuenca; Postiga, Riera
Corner Takers : DR/DL

Obviously this isn't a definite test which tactic is the best, the 15 games are not a testament to how good a tactic is. I just wanted a little fun project :)

Let the games begin!!
​Leaderboard

TacticFormationWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
KillerBee Hitman4-2-3-1 Wide113137152236
Armageddon V24-2-3-1 Wide103230121833
Verza V24-1-2-3 DM94226141231
Executioner V94-2-2-2 AML85246262029
Dredd 4424-4-28342923627
Killerbee4-1-4-1 DM7532820826
Viking V24-3-1-2 AM6633021924
Ilker Contain4-2-3-1 Wide4561717017

Last edited:
Tactic: Viking v2

OI: View attachment 281836

Starting XI: what you want, but you won't need the wingers :)

Corners: DR/DL

I know this is not a popular tactic, but works great for me. Would you mind to test it?

And I am using the Assistant Manager's advices on the pre-match screen.

This tactic struggled with this team. I have no doubt that for a Good - Excellent team this could work rather well but Depor was one step too far! I will at some point test V11 because I believe it to be the best version that TFF9 has done but just cause this struggled with Depor doesn't mean it will with bigger teams.

This was the one tactic I thought would do well as it seems to do well with Lower-Mid teams despite being quite an offensive set up. The one loss was Real Madrid at home and "disappointingly" two draws at home. But I feel this tactic has set up a nice benchmark at 36 points which'll be a challenge to beat. I will try the original Killerbee at some point too to see how it fares.

Brought the best out of the fullbacks this tactic. I think Wilk struggled slightly as the ball winner in midfield which is odd as he did well in the Hitman tactic. Although there is 2 ballwinners in that tactic, might be why.

I used TFF9's suggestions from Executioner and plugged them into Armageddon (switching Postiga for Lucas) and it's incredible what a difference between the tactics. This was so far the most defensively solid only conceding 12 goals. That's quite an achievement with Deportivo considering their defence is far from solid. Didn't manage to score a lot of goals and despite the IF's and AM being very effective, the False 9 wasn't. However in Executioner the False 9's were very effective.

Struggled at the start but then picked up from game 6. Wilk came in for Dominguez in the away version for more stability. 27 points is a good score, just didn't score enough goals for me but Cuenca enjoyed the ML position dispite it being a winger role.

Thank you justified for the 442 Dredd test...
Just as i expected, it gives good results.

Would you mind testing this one as well, people on the thread say it is very good (contain version on page 2) :

Tactic : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/289878-enjoying-football-manager-again.html
Starting XI : Let the assistant do the job

Thanks in advance

Thank you justified for the 442 Dredd test...
Just as i expected, it gives good results.

Would you mind testing this one as well, people on the thread say it is very good (contain version on page 2) :

Tactic : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/289878-enjoying-football-manager-again.html
Starting XI : Let the assistant do the job

Thanks in advance

Sure no problem. I'm testing Killerbee atm, then Verza and then I'l do this one.

Another solid contribution. Didn't hit the lofty heights of it's offspring Hitman but 26 points is a decent tally. Another tactic where Cuenca was a solid contributer on the left side. However I suspect the high d-line was an issue and led to it's conceded tally to be 20. I've played with this tactic myself and in a "bigger" team it would've probably performed quite well.

Very good tactic and got the best out of Riera up front. It seems to suit Deportivo very well as they have the "right" players in the right position. There was quite a few sneeky 1-0 wins but judging by the stats they looked like controlled wins. Definitely worthy of the top 3 in the Challenge.

When I loaded up this tactic I had my doubts and unfortunately those doubts became reality. The defence wasn't too bad but there didn't seem to be a good balance between attack and defence. It invited teams on too much in matches and didn't score enough goals.