focus_mad

Reaction score
Here goes.....:)

main_noemail.jpg

SUPERSAINTS STORM TO THE TOP

There is a growing rumour down here at Richmond Park in Inchicore that Andreas Gustavo Kagelmacher may be the catalyst that the Supersaints have been looking for, for the past few seasons. After the transition period from when John "Johnny Mac" MacDonnell left Saint Patrick's Athletic and the appointment of Pete Mahon, the team fully never got going..
Garrett Kelleher appointed in June 2007 commenting that We have long-term ambitions for this football club which would establish it as a force in the European gam," finally had enough and assigned ex Irish International Richard "Richie" Sadiler to commence searching for a new manager who could not only mix it up but also begin a rise in the league standings for the club.

Richie went about his task with Gusto but not many big Irish names wanted the task, Johnny Giles politely refused and Brian Kerr could not be tempted back from the Faroes. Sadiler went further afield and found an ideal candidate in the form of Andreas Gustavo Kagelmacher. Kagelmacher, an Argentine International footballer who was in the same era as Diego Simeone and Ariel Ortega, made a name for himself playing centre back for Boca Juniors in the Argentine League. Having never played club football outside of South America, Andreas can include Boca, Vasco de Gama and Cruizero among his former clubs, he still managed to accumulate 52 caps for the national team. Unfortuanatly just before the 2002 World Cup Andreas suffered a serious knee cartilage injury and had to retire from playing however he was retained in a coaching capacity for the Boca Juniors Football Academy.

When approached, Andreas jumped at the challenge to manage the Supersaints, he was quoted at his announcement Press Conference that "although my English is not good I will let football do the talking si?"

Kagelmachers first task was to steady the ship at Richmond Park, while signing a number of young players having been released from clubs in England, the Supersaints picked up 8 youngsters on contracts till the end of the season. They have also signed Stephen "Steo" Brennan on a free transfer who had been released by Bray Wanderers. Steo was quoted saying "I was hesitate to sign for Pats after being released by them before signing for Bray but when Garrett and Andreas explained their ambitions to me I signed on that dotted line straight away"
Derek Glynn is the only player to have had money spent on him. The 1,500 euro spent on him has been declared by the Supersaints Red Army faithful after his return of 9 goals 15 games into the season.

As the Supersaints progress to te summit of the league the players' morale has hit the roof.Kagelmacher is a devout believer in the mentoring process where the older experienced players take a youngster under their wing hoping not only will thir experience rub off on them but also so that if these youngsters are feeling the pressure thay have a friendly face in the club they can talk to...

One such youth player is Lee Devine, a promising Striker from St Michael's Flat COmplex right across the road from Richmond Park, who is being mentored by Vinny Faherty. "Ah man its deadly, not only does Vinny help me out learning new techniques to push for a spot in the first team, cause the gaffer gives us a game sometimes dependin on who we is playing, but he's taken me over to his gaf for a few games of FIFA with his mates...And he's even cool with me texting his sister..:)"

Kagelmacher's revolution has finally got going and the Supersaints faithful are hoping that this is the start of something magical.

2.jpg

FourFourTwoHeader.png

It appears that Andreas Guatavo Kagelmacher revolution at Inchicore’s Saint Patrick’s Athletic has caught the eye of many admirers including our very own James Richardson who we sent to Dublin to get the latest;

The matches of the month of May were wrapped up tonight at Richmond Park against Cork City in a 1-2 defeat to end a good month on a sour note. After the match we were able to grab Club Captain Conor Kenna for a quick chat.

102.jpg

FFT: Hi Conor how do you feel after the match in which you lost?
C.K: Ah pal I am gutted, Cork aren’t as good as they used to be and we should have had 3 points but that’s football isn’t it, that’s why people watch football day in day out.

FFT: How do you feel about Kagelmacher’s decision to rest Derek Glynn for this match?
C.K: To be honest with you Glynny has had a amazing start to the season with a good return of goals but players need a rest every so often and if that’s what the gaffer thought was best then that was best. Stefan (Connor) was unlucky with his performance but he’s only a youngfella and is coming along in leaps and bounds.

FFT: So how does it feel to have been appointed as Club Captain by Kagelmacher?
C.K: It’s a absolute honor to be the Captain of the club I supported as a child getting to watch big Paul McGrath rule the roost in defence. The atmosphere here as only gotten better in the years gone by with the club being very community orientated.

FFT: Has Kagelmacher’s coming to the club changed many things?
C.K: Yeah it has only changed for the better, he has introduced a mentoring system to assist the youngsters in the club which I think is a great thing. Aswell as that Andreas will grab ya as ya walk by him in the corridor and tell ya of a technique he has been thinking will suit ya or of a player that we should try to look at. Since bringing in John Morling in as Assistant, the amount of videos we watch of our up and coming opponents is mind boggling, me two kids ask for the video of us against Bohs instead of Barney so its rubbing off of the family!

FFT: Thanks Conor, we’ll leave ya to it and good luck for the rest of the season.
C.K: Thanks pal…

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

main_noemail.jpg

June 2010

We have managed to grab Andreas Gustavo Kagelmacher to have a chat about the up and coming matches against University College Dublin at Belfield on the 4th of June and Shamrock Rovers on the 9th of June in Richmond Park.

Supersaints Fanzine: Hi Andreas thanks for sitting in with us this afternoon for a chat about the up and coming matches against UCD and Rovers.
A.G.K: You are very welcome.

S.F: How did you feel about the results in May including the Cup match against Finn Harps?
A.G.K: We were very unlucky in Donegal against Finn Harps but the Cup wasn’t our priority so while it was a disappointment, we have the league and one cup left to compete for. While we also lost to Sligo Rovers at the start of the month we managed to get three impressive wins in.

S.F: Are you confident about our matches with UCD and Rovers?
A.G.K: Yes, we have a proven track record against UCD and there is also an extremely huge rivalry between us and Rovers.

S.F: So Andreas how is the youth development scheme you have in place in the club coming along?
A.G.K: I feel that it is coming along brilliantly, when I was at Boca youth was the way forward but they must have the enthusiaism to want to succeed.

Stuart Byrne walks in on the interview

83.jpg

S.F: Hi Stuart thanks for coming in today.
A.G.F: Hello Stu How are you?
S.B: How are ya lads whats going on here?

S.F: Stuart we called you in today to present you with this months SuperSaints Player of the Month Award.
S.B: Ah jayzus thanks lads, I wasn’t expecting this!!

S.F: You have played consistly well all month and long may it continue. What do you contribute to your form this month?
S.B: Ah well ah the age I am now I am focusing fully on my strengths and using them to maxium benefit. I have had a mix of good players sharing the middle of the park with me in the form of Cashy (Brian Cash) Conor Sinnott and lil Ryan Guy. So as long as they are playing well it helps me.

S.F: Well congrats again Stu and Thank you and Andreas for coming to talk to us today.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

main_noemail.jpg

Kagelmacher signs Sheppard

karl sheppard_profile.jpg

Today was met by news that Andreas Kagelmacher, or Kago as the Inchicore residents are now calling him has signed promising centre forward Karl "Shep" Shepard on a free transfer. Shepard had be released only two weeks previously by Premier League side Everton. This is some good news for the Super Saints after there gaining of only 1 point from 6 after matches against UCD and Shamrock Rovers.

At the Press Conference today, "Kago" was quoted, "This is a brilliant moment for the club and for Karl, being released from a club is never easy however we hope to re-build Karl's confidence and have him back to his best in the near future."

When asked why Sheppard signed for the Emmet Road Red Army he replied, "I signed with Pats after having a chat with me childhood friends Conor Sinnott and Vinny Faherty about the tea's ambitions. I came along to watch the match against Rovers and the atmosphere was electric and I thought that I defo want to be a part of this..."

This is surely a good sign for the Super Saints faithful that these young talented players returning to Ireland wish to sign on the dotted line..

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

main_noemail.jpg

EUROPEAN FOOTBALL NIGHT FOR SUPERSAINTS

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=...GLQ_ENIE341&tbs=isch:1&ei=GAdrTM64EIedOOjz_Aw

Saint Patrick's Athletic travelled to play FK Lovcen Cetinje from Montenegro to Richmond Park this evening for their first European match of the season in the Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round First Leg.

After suffering a 2-1 defeat in this first leg, the Supersaints can feel hard done by not getting a draw in this match however they now have a vital away goal scored by Derek Glynn, whose goal was his 10th of the season.

SuperSaints Fanzine managed to grab new signing Karl Sheppard and Ryan Guy for a chat after the match.

51.jpg

S.F: Well lads how did you feel you performed tonight?

K.S: Ah when the Gaffer gave me the nod in the 60th minute to go on I was glad I had warmed up proper at half time, I made a nice few runs and am delighted that I got the assist for Glynny to score a temporary equaliser.

R.G: To be honest with ya I'm gutted that I didnt get on tonight and I will be having a discussion with the manager about this.

S.F: But as a team were you happy with the match?

K.S: Yeah this team were very technical and we were unlucky to get away with a vital away goal.

R.G: No, we could have gotten a win out of this match but what is done is done

S.F: In 5 days time you play the home leg in Richmond Park, how do you think we will perform?

K.S: I think if we give it our all we can win and advance!!
R.G: If I get picked I can provide better supplies for the forwards and hopefully I will prove myself...

Ryan Guy leaves the interview.

S.F: How is Ryan really after the match?
K.S: Ah he was gutted that he wasn't picked and then wasn't brought off the bench but sure if he applies himself in training he may get picked...

S.F: Thanks Shep for chattig with us
K.S: No bother pal

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

FourFourTwoHeader.png

James Richardson reports;

Supersaints Gain Two Additions

Andreas Gustavo Kagelmacher held a press conference yesterday to announce the signing of Rory Patterson and Danny Mitchley to the club, both on free transfers.

These two young players are both forwards and add to a diminished number of strikers on the club's books.

Patterson has been a prominent name in the Northern Irish leagues and Mitchley was recetly released by Blackpool

Rory.jpg

Rory Patterson playing for one of his past clubs

0,,10432~6840596,00.jpg

Danny Mitchley in his Blackpool Days​