Kris

Reaction score
So i decided to start a game in the lower league's but did not want to copy Gregor and go AFC Wimbledon.

I looked about for other teams and nobody really caught my eye so i decided to random pick it and i got Weston-Super-Mare.

2008/2009 Season:

Screenshots Here

With a media prediction of 20/22 my aim was never going to be too high and that was matched with the boards 'attempt to avoid religation' Thats all well and good but if the club went down i'm out of a job.

Personally i have always thought that anyone could beat anyone in these leagues because all the stats are the same. With no deal talent i went for a basic 4-4-2 with a direct style and normal mentality. Man marking because really what teams in Blue Square South plays zonal?

Tickets for a Weston game will cost you a good £8 and a season ticket is priced at £88. The club has a fairly poor reputation so signing players was not my priority.

My start to this game was mared by a board takeover in which the new owner wanted me out and some Regan boss in. Within a few days the talks colapsed and were back on again then the takeover was complete. Went about things like normal and the new gaffer enevtually said he was happy for me to stay.

Had a less than impressive cup run in the conferance league cup and FA Trophy but i managed to make it to the 2nd round of the FA Cup where i was beaten by Brentford after a replay.

League was decent but could tell i was missing any real quality or depth and i had about 8 games replayed due to my park getting waterlogged every other week which was annoying. Anyway i saw off AFC Wimbledon and Thurrock and won promotion at Woking's group (thought it was wembley :( )

2009/2010 Season:

Screenshots Here

The club went from 50 season ticket holders to a massive 80 :p but a match day ticket is now £9 and a season ticket £119.

Started this season well getting 0 funds again and predicted 24th so not good. I released more or less all of my team from last season because they were nowhere near good enough. Got a few decent players in on free transfers but i felt i still lacked a striker or two so i amended my tactic too a 4-1-4-1 playing more defencive.

Ashley Grimes is proving to be a great loan signing from Millwall having scored 19 goals in his 24 games so far. Again nobody wants too sign for lowly Weston so i had to add a few under 18's into my first team and the young keeper Martin (regen) at 17 has now made his way into my starting XI.

I will be happy with a top half finish this season because i think my squad is good enough for that, Then hopefully we can bring in another few players and push for the league.

I will keep those who care updated

Last Updated 13/12/08

Last edited:
Keep an eye on players who have been released by their clubs in the world-> transfers list mate. Some of them are absolute gems (well, at least for a Blue Square club they are), but you would never be able to scout them since you can only scout players within England. That's how I got a quality goalkeeper and a BRILLIANT striker for AFC Telford.

Sounds good Kris. Keep us updated <)

Oh and btw could someone please provide the link for that afore-mentioned Gregory / AFC Wimbledon? I'm curious as to how far that chap managed to get the Dons :]

Good luck with Super Weston mate, would be interesting to see which one of us manages to reach the Premiership first :)

I must say if i can have anywhere near as much sucess as Gregor i'll be a happy chappy

I'm playing Weston-super-Mare for some Cup next month... will keep you posted :D