Superstitions

JP817

Reaction score
Someone touched on this subject in another thread and i thought it would be a good idea to start it up!

I was just thinkin if there is any pre-match rituals or anything you always do beacause of luck or fear of losing a game or something.

For me i never look at the league table before/during the match, purely because i think FM is gonna screw me, i dont know why i just dont do it!

Not really a pre-match ritual, but lately I've started switching my goalies more often. Why?

Because when the game tells me my keeper has played x minutes consecutively without giving up a goal, or when my opponent's player has gone x minutes without scoring, 10/10 times they'll score at least one goal, and more often than not they'll score two or three and beat me.

Since I started putting in my other keeper for a couple of those matches, the keeper on the streak tends to keep his streak going a bit longer and the opposition player won't automatically score.

Haha, in every other walk of life I'm an extremely rational person, so I stay the **** away from superstitions, but in FM I will never give anyone I actually want to make a major contribution the number 13 (think it might have something to do with seeing Pascal Cygan wear it for the Arsenal) and whenever I have a really high profile match, I might go to some of my "lucky" music for some extra support.

On a related note, Bruce Springsteen is very lucky music! :)

Yes music helps! I tend to play "We are the champions" every time i play a final and it does seem to help. One time I was playing a final and I had the song on and everything was going great we were leading with 2-0. Then suddenly my media player choked so the song stopped. Result: The opposition suddenly scored 2 goals in 5 minutes of play time making the score 2-2 and I lost the match in the penalty shoot out :O

And I never tell my players i have faith in them before the match, as they always suck in the match when I tell them that.

I think I might be undefeated when I'm playing Born to Run actually. [UNDISPUTED FACT]Apart from that it is great music.[/UNDISPUTED FACT]

I never make substitiution around the 90th min mark. The other team always seem to score while im in the tactics screen!