Surprise Good 1st Seasons

Redstag

Reaction score
Ok I think anyone who has ever played more than one game of FM09 realises that there is a usual method to the game. Same teams come 1st-4th City always buy Srna etc.

However have you ever encountered a team have a surprisingly good 1st season.

In my Real Madrid save Hull managed 6th place in their 1st season. They made some excellent signings and came ahead of Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa etc.

Now at start of 2nd season they look a formidable team.

View attachment 9349
View attachment 9350
View attachment 9351

On my first ever save on the default patch, i was surpirsed to see that West Brom secured themselves a strong 4th place taking Liverpool out of the top 4. They made no signings and i wondered, has anyone else realised Ishamel Miller is a goal machine on that patch, well he was for them anyway. So yeah, a West Brom 4th and they continued to get a top 7 after that for about 5 seasons when i stopped playing that save.

On my first ever save on the default patch, i was surpirsed to see that West Brom secured themselves a strong 4th place taking Liverpool out of the top 4. They made no signings and i wondered, has anyone else realised Ishamel Miller is a goal machine on that patch, well he was for them anyway. So yeah, a West Brom 4th and they continued to get a top 7 after that for about 5 seasons when i stopped playing that save.

yh west brom used to always do well in 9.1 in my games
I Miller was a beast for them lol

yh miller scored like 42 goals on myne , then i signed him for chelsea and he was shocking :(

I once finished 6th with Hull then next season finished 17th

Think it's more based on the AI mate, rather than how well you've done personally.

Yea its based on the AI. We all have our success stories. This is about a computer team bucking the trend in the FIRST season. Ive played until 2035 and have seen teams rise and fall. Im asking bout the 1st season.

i finished 2nd in the epl wif reading in the 3rd season (counting from 2008) wif 81 pts but then finished 13th wif juz 43 in the next and ya i lost my job. guess it sux 2 b overachieving sometimes eh =/