Surprise Tactic That Is Working

Yes, one important thing to do is to set the wide strikers to man mark the full backs. Before in FM12 you could set this to happen automatically but now you have to do it before each game. After you press "Submit Team" go to player instructions, click on the wide striker (For example, STCR) and make him mark the full back (DL or WBL). This drastically improves defending. Moving the defensive line down is also important.

Yes, one important thing to do is to set the wide strikers to man mark the full backs. Before in FM12 you could set this to happen automatically but now you have to do it before each game. After you press "Submit Team" go to player instructions, click on the wide striker (For example, STCR) and make him mark the full back (DL or WBL). This drastically improves defending. Moving the defensive line down is also important.

Thank you.

Have you tried this tactic in FM2013?

i used this with Trese (Brazil 3rd Div) Rangers and City.. across the board seems to do ok, not as prolifivc as the first but a decent choice ot keep in the bank..

Thank you.

Have you tried this tactic in FM2013?

No not as of yet. I generally prefer to make tactics based on my players and the opposition and I change them all the time. That's how I get the most enjoyment out of the game. For me, creating tactics based on countering specific strengths and weaknesses in the opposition is the funnest way to play. It's a bit annoying that Sports Interactive have made the mental side of things (Team Talks, Morale) so important.

i used this with Trese (Brazil 3rd Div) Rangers and City.. across the board seems to do ok, not as prolifivc as the first but a decent choice ot keep in the bank..

Yes, as a backup I could see it being effective. Especially if teams play 3 at the back.

Back