Milleg9

Reaction score
I was just wondering , who is the strangest team that you have seen develop in any of your saves?

I havent seen many on this years version, but on FM13 I saw Newport County (I think it was them) Get back to back to back promotions from League 2 to the Premiership, then back to back to back relegation back down to L2. All in 5 years. Imagine being a supporter!

Ternana was a Italian champion and CL semifinalist just a few years into my FC United of Manchester save. They didn't get a tycoon takeover, didn't had strongest team in Italy but they played amazingly...

I saw Catania do a serie A double in Italy in my old roma save! and stade reims after 5 years take the champions league!

Southampton won the league once in my Bayer Leverkusen save

In my save Atalanta become 1x champion of italia serie a.

York City appear to be on the march in my save. They are now in the Championship and predicted 8th (2019).

^ Same here, it's 2015 and they're on top of league 1

I think it would be cool to see some screen shots of teams and how they develop? Might give inspiration for new saves?

My Arsenal save has been chock full of surprises.
Somehow, Stoke always manage to build up into a regular Champions League side in my game, while I've witnessed the likes of Tottenham and Manchester United get relegated.
I've also seen Parma win the Serie A and the Europa League.
Also, I've seen the rise of the Serie A. They're now the top-rated league in Europe, the EPL's second, mostly because most of the English teams can't break past the Round of 16 and Quarterfinals. In the 2021/2022 season, all of the semifinalists of the Champions League were from Italy.
Barcelona's turned into a complete joke, most of the time, they get absolutely spanked in the Champions League.

England won the WC in 2014 and 2018. Now that is a surprise.

Montenegro reach the fina of euro 2020, and lost to Germany. this is surprise, that montenegro get to the final.

Major surprise in my RB Leipzig save. The end of the 2020-2021 season and Real Madrid has been relegated! Ronaldo has now retired and was hired by me as a coach. Also have ibrahimavic on my staff haha

aston villa runners up in the league in 1st season had a takeover from a rich business man and sold their best player benteke and didnt invest and now r fighting relegation in the 2nd season ouch lool

in an old save i had Everton gelled real strong team together and won premier league within 3 seasons, i think this was back when moyes was manager, i remember checking their team squad- amazed -there players were mediocre looking but new in game and not spectacular but were doing over achieving feats..right now in my current save arsenal !? are in relegation zone 17 matches in! lol

Huddersfield is surprising and qualify to champions league qualification.

In my LT game (now 2028-2029)

- A cool Serie A with Ternana generally in the league and Virtus Entella, Avellino, Spezia, Juve Stabia & Benevento sitting for several years in the league. Udinese together with Juve the greatest club in Italia, then Napoli & Milan/Roma. In 2nd division Genoa & Lazio

- Liga BBVA is very cool. Barcelona and R.Madrid did win the league together only 4 times, with a period of 10 years no success. Atletico & R.Sociedad are the new topteams, Villareal did also win the liga. And Jaén ended in 2028 as 2nd (after R.Madrid). Barcelona ended 10th.

- In England no surprises. Maybe Liverpool & Everton relegated. Brentford and Bradford always top 10. Brentford 3d in 2028, southampton 2nd.

- Germany no surprises, belgium no surprises, netherlands no surprises and france also no surprises.

Turkey: Ordaspor the greatest club right now. (Istanbul did also win the league 1 time).