AidanD10

Reaction score
Time is ticking… It’s currently 1-1 here and Watford are desperately chasing a goal here… Ogo Obi the youngster wins the flick on to Deeney. He runs past one and another, a little chip over the top onto the oncoming Jurado, he is bearing down on goal now, He shoots, JURADO!!!!!!!

Woah Woah Woah… Hold on a minute, let’s start from the beginning, well the beginning for me. It was the 1st​ of April, news was flooding in that Watford had sacked Quinque Sanchez Flores but it didn’t come as a shock, they currently sit bottom of the Premier league and looked destined to be sent right back where they came from. This is where I come in, not many people seem to have much faith in me, I can’t really blame them, I know a lot about football and have been a fan for a long time now but I have very little experience. However I knew that I needed to take what remained of this club and change its fortune around, here is how it went.
View attachment 197039

View attachment 197038

Game 1: West Ham 3-0 Watford

Well now I know what I am in for, I tried to make the risky 3 at the back formation work as I have always believed it will bring success but obviously the squad wasn’t built for this and they were not trained for this so I have decided for now on to stick to what they know. Anyway, West ham just dismantled us bit by bit and the drop loomed ever closer. Still rock bottom

Game 2: Watford 3-0 Norwich
Snodgrass(1) Ighalo(1) Deeney(1)
When you stick to what they know then it will pay off, the striker partnership of Ighalo and Deeney linked up well and fired home a goal each while also assisting one another. As well as this Deeney got the assist for Snodgrass’ goal. Things were looking up despite still being bottom of the league.

Game 3: Manchester United 4-2 Watford
Ighalo(1) Jurado(1)

Sadly in games like these, if the opponents have better players ,better philosophies ,better tactics and were just better on the day then you stand no chance. We were unlucky on the day but United completely outplayed us.

Game 4: Arsenal 1-4 Watford
Deeney(1) Ighalo (3)
Well…The stats would suggest we had a real good go at Arsenal and that the game was very level, however Odion Ighalo had very different plans and was very clinical on the day compared to our opponents attackers. Thing started to look up and we finally move up the table by a place.

Game 5: Watford 2-2 Everton
Ighalo(2)
Well the now man of the moment shines again, Opening the scoring he look to send the team towards a victory but Everton hit back with two goals which required Ighalo to score a second to equal the game for us. Up to 18th​ now.

Game 6: Watford 1-2 Newcastle
Snodgrass(1)

This game could potentially be the game that sends us down. Not the result we needed at this as it put us deeper into trouble but left the fans in devastation, empty of hope and demoralised as news hit that the main man Odion Ighalo had been injured and would be unavailable for action until the end of the month.

Game 7: Watford vs Villa

This was the game, a win and we were safe. Up until the 80th​ minute it was end to end so we were reliant on our defence and boy did they delivered exceptional performances for Gomes, Nyom, Prodl, Cathcart and Holebas kept it at 0-0. For the last 10 minutes something change. We brought on Ibarbo and suddenly the balance switched as we bombarded their tired defence. I will resume from where I was.

“Time is ticking… It’s currently 1-1 here and Watford are desperately chasing a goal here… Ogo Obi the youngster wins the flick on to Deeney. He runs past one and another, a little chip over the top onto the oncoming Jurado, he is bearing down on goal now, He shoots, JURADO!!!!!!! AN EXTRAORDINARY SAVE FROM THE YOUNG VILLA KEEPER. HOW HAS HE KEPT THAT OUT. All the Watford players head look to drop as Jurado walks over to take the corner. A leader, A captain’s voice, Troy Deeney screams words which will be remembered for years to come”

“We do not give in, We will never give up. We get knocked down, who cares. We come back, STRONGER,FASTER,BETTER. WE WILL NOT LIE DOWN,WE WILL FIGHT, WE WILL WORK FOR WHAT WE LOVE.WE WILL BE HEROES.COME ON”.

That was it. The corner was whipped in with great pace by Jurado, Deeney got his head to it… and cleared off the line by Clark but only as far as Snodgrass with a first time volleyyyyyy…… UNBELIEVABLE!!! THIS IS TRULY UNIMAGINABLE. THIS LAD HAS JUST WON IT!!!! WATFORD ARE SAFE. ROBERT SNODGRASS WHOS PERFORMANCES HAVE ONLY COME TO LIFE UNDER THE NEW MANAGER HAS HIT IN A SPECTACULAR WINNER. IN TWELVE SHORT MONTHS HE HAS BECOME A CLUB HERO. TRULY REMARKABLE. YOU JUST COULDN’T WRITE THIS.

I had done it. We had it done it. Safety.