Surviving the Championship.

lBrian

Reaction score
I'm Peterborough United and I've been promoted to the championship. I'm struggling after drawing my first two games but the teams were all over me.

Here is my current team;
View attachment 9571

I have a 2m transfer budget, could you guys recommend me some players so that I can at least avoid relegation.

Also I played Mclean as a lone striker last season and he got me 60+ goals but I don't think he could cut it as a lone striker in the Championship.

Well i would suggest a new goalie like enyeama, kameni, vilar, fabianski. A few new dc like beevers, rodwell, caceres(from boca), onyakechi apam. A new central midfielder like james mcarthur, skjbred(spelling), defour, witsel. A new defensive midfielder like zuculini, stephen appiah, sissoko. And a new striker like paloschi, laurito, jay simpson, ched evans, daniel sturridge.

You probably wont be able to afford all of these so try and offload a few reserves and fringe players to raise some cash. Also ask the board for a feeder club and hopefully you'll get someone like arsenal.

Well i would suggest a new goalie like enyeama, kameni, vilar, fabianski. A few new dc like beevers, rodwell, caceres(from boca), onyakechi apam. A new central midfielder like james mcarthur, skjbred(spelling), defour, witsel. A new defensive midfielder like zuculini, stephen appiah, sissoko. And a new striker like paloschi, laurito, jay simpson, ched evans, daniel sturridge.

You probably wont be able to afford all of these so try and offload a few reserves and fringe players to raise some cash. Also ask the board for a feeder club and hopefully you'll get someone like arsenal.

Thanks for that, I don't understand how people can get promoted to the Championship then win it.

I just want to avoid relegation.

Yh well some people have abit more money and are lucky some times and few good loans and transfers should get you a mid-table finish.

Good luck

Yh well some people have abit more money and are lucky some times and few good loans and transfers should get you a mid-table finish.

Good luck

All those players you mentioned either cost too much or have been bought by big clubs.

Always try and add Future Clauses on , like after 24 months add a few million that takes away from the upfront fee saving alot of money.

Also keep and eye on your wage bill.

i got promoted as leeds and then finished third in the championship. epically failed in playoffs though

look mainly at people whos contracts have expired there are usually one or two good players that should join you

in my game with huddersfield amaury bischoff got released he isn't bad

kadlec is a good buy, but i believe he has a few years until he becomes something special. you should seriously try to hang onto him especially if you get into the premiership and want to stay there.