Sutton Coldfield FC - The Trojans in League 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner96

Reaction score
The League 2 outfit Grimsby Town has had to disband, due to overwhelming mounting debt. The team, which has not won anything since the Division 3 title in the 79/80 season have lingered at the bottom for a long time. However, this news is completely out of the blue.

Now ex manager Mike Newell gave a statement of shock at the news, saying that "This club was important to the League, and will be sorely missed. I hope that all involved with the club get work quickly, and all involved with the break up of the club can be brought to justice."

Indeed it increasingly looks like the whole board will be charged with fraud, which appears to be involved with the loss of a football team.

This will be about a team that replaces Grimsby in League 2, which will be an team created in the editor, and some of the players will be made in the editor as well, a couple of the best Grimsby players will be there, a decent budget, and some random experienced players.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not...

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:40 PM ----------

In shock news, the FA have announced that a new team will take the place of Grimsby Town, after Grimsby were forced to disband.

The team has been busy setting itself up, and will be announced soon. The Stadium issue has been solved using a block of traffic around the site, and a safe rush job put on the stadium.

They are also expected to have a large budget, and a good board.

It will be announced soon.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

My heart's beating. I'm a coach for and U16 team in Sutton Coldfield. A damned good one at that, but still... I've just lead my youth team to a 3rd successive league title. A bloke that nobody new was at the last couple of games, and while celebrating with the boys on a lap of the pitch I asked the bloke who he was. He told me to meet him the next day at a bar.

I did and my life changed for ever.

So here I am, sat in a dull room, with leather chairs. It's right behind the FA's press conference room. A speaker in the corner tells us when to go out behind the microphones.

"Mr Glover, would you come out please?" The man from the youth matches stood up, walked to the door and gave me a cheeky smile on the way out.

I looked around the room. Two people stood out. Next to me, Mike Newell, ex Grimsby manager sat, looking more nervous than if he was managing a team. Over the room however was someone you couldn't miss. There was Martin O'Neill.

Perhaps I should tell you what happened in that bar:

I entered the bar and saw the bald head of the mystery man, walked over to him.

"Hello", I said.
"Hi. Want a beer?", said the man.
"Yeah ta. Anyway, who are you?"
"My name is Adam Glover. I've decided to become chairman of the team that will replace Grimsby."
"What do I have to do with it?"
"I've decided to make you manager." I snorted when he said this.
"You can't be serious, I'm a manager of an U16 team."
"You're a ****** good one."
"Yeah but-"
"But nothing. Yes or no?"
"But why me?"
"You're good, and the best manager locally that I can find."
"Locally?"
"The new team is going to be Sutton Coldfield FC."

Martin O'Neill was there. I mean c'mon, Martin ****** O'Neill. No pressure eh? Martin lives in Sutton Coldfield, and wants to help local football apparently. He's been brought in to help be part of the board.

"Patrick Hughes and Mike Newell, please would you come to the mics."

Cool story, good concept for it as well, might follow this one

arent Sutton Coldfield a team already in the lower leagues of England?

I actually believed it was real.The opening post was pretty convincing and I was going to say "Wrong section" but,good luck.

WOW I THOUGHT THIS WAS REAL !! :O:O

i couldnt wait to read it LOL

First impression: it was bright. The flashing lights, looking to take a picture of the new manager of the new club.
"Mr Hughes will answer 5 questions, and Mr Newell will also answer 5." said the press officer.
"Thanks you Mr Jones. Ermmmmmmmmm... you please."
"Hello, George Young, Daily Telegraph. I'd like to ask you, who are you?" said the man who asked the question. The question I'd been dreading. I'd have to explain the fact that the chairman had seen me manage an Under 16 team, and had chosen to pick me as the new manager of a team that is in League 2.
"I'm am - was, an Under 16 team manager. I'd led my team to a third successive season. Mr Glover was watching apparently. He offered me a job. It's been a whirlwind. You please."
"Hello, Frank Noble, Daily Mail. What's happening with the stadium situation?"
"Hi Frank. I've been told that we have a huge new stadium. The Trojan Ground is a 17,000 attendance (at full) with 16,500 seats." The questions carried on like that, and although we were told that there would be 5 questions, there were at least 10. Mike Newell answered about 5, about his feelings about the fall of his old club and stuff like that.

But now I've got through my first day as a League 2 manager, and tomorrow starts the transfers. I keep forgetting we have no players.

The thread title might have to be changed so that people who visit it aren't mislead.Should Grimsby actually disband,then mods may direct other people to a story thread.

Changed. I hope this stops confusion.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

*Ring ring* *Ring ring*
*click*
"Patrick Hughes, who's speaking?"
"Hey Patrick, it's Adam."
"Hello Mr. Glover."
"Please, call me Adam. Anyway, where are you."
"I'm on my way to the training ground, why?!
"When you get here I'm going to introduce you to some players I've got."
"You got players, behind my back?"
"Yeah, don't worry about it, you'll be pleased, I'm sure."
"Okay... see you there Adam."

I can't believe it. He bought players behind my back? Seriously. I almost feel like giving him a bolloking, and I probabvly will if I'm not seriously impressed. God.

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:51 PM ----------

I walked through the automatic doors that led to the room before Adam's office.
"Hello Leslie, is Mr. Glover in there?"
"Yes Mr. Hughes, he asked me to send you straight through."
"Thank you."
I knocked on the wooden door beside Leslie's desk, and I heard "come in!". I entered, and in front of me was Adam Glover and 1..2..3..13 other people.
"Hello, Adam."
"Hello Patrick, here are some of our signings, the rest are in the reserve and youth sides. This is Nick Colgan, Irish Goalkeeper, he played for Grimsby, as did Robbie Stockdale, Scottish defender, Lee Peacock, Scottish central midfielder/striker, and Adrian Forbes English attacking midfielder/striker. This is a man I'm surprised we got, this is Leandro Gomes, the Azerbaijani forward. he's very good, treasure him. We also got a few loan signings. This is Oliver Gill, Man U central defender, this is Oliver Lancashire, Southhampton central defender, Dean Sinclair, Charlton attacking midfielder. Ashley Chambers, attacking midfielder (right) from Leicester, Michael Coulson, Barnsley striker, and Paris Cowan Hall, Pompey striker." There were two men in the room unintroduced to me yet. I looked carefully at one of them, and he looked kinda familiar, but as soon as I set eyes on the other, I exclaimed.
"Max! Max Locksmith, from last years U16 side? Oh my god. My best ever player there. What have you been doing Max?"
"I got into the Birmingham youth team, but it didn't work out. I saw that you had become manager, and I asked Mr Glover to put me in the side. He duly agreed." said Max. I hugged him.
"You may also recognise this man as Jack Wilshere, from Arsenal. He's on loan as well, but he's amazing." Said Adam, smiling.
"Cheers boss, I was worried about this, but this is great. Alright guys, let's get you on the training ground. Where are the Youth team?"
"In the changing rooms already."
"Thanks." All the players filed out, and as I turned to follow them, Adam's hand touched my shoulder.
"Good luck mate."
"Cheers."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.