The Otter

Reaction score
New Beginnings

Swadlincote FC are a newly formed team in the Midlands Premier Division. They were formed after Owner/Manager Daniel Sheahan decided the small town deserved it's own team, after negotiations with the local council, who agreed to fund and build Pond Lane a 2000 capacity stadium, Sheahan's vision was born

They applied for application to English pyramid back in February and it was decided they would enter at the 9th level due to the financial backing of the owner.

Daniel's first official staff member to be employed was father of professional footballer Kane Hemmings. Tony was a semi professional back in his prime and has held back room roles at various other local teams. Interviews were held for the remaining positions and high weed coaches... Scouts... And first team physio...

A lengthy process begun to find players to form the main stay of the team, looking in the surrounding areas Daniel ran trials to find the best currently unattached players in the region. 400 players showed up for the opening round of trials, these were all put through there paces in an intensive 3 day program. At the end of the 3 day course 30 players were invited back to the second phase of trials where 22 would be offered a chance to join the team in pre-season.

Daniel Also helps finance his team from his early playing days, Midway FC, who have just joking the East Midlands county league at level 10, Daniel wanted to give his former teammates a start in football he never had.

We Join Swadlincote at this moment in time...

What does the future hold for this new team...

(So I have downloaded a level 10 English database and created a fantasy team, Swadlincote is a small town near Derby that has never had a team of its own, so I thought I would create them and do what I could, hopefully match the rise of local rivals Burton. I decided on level 9 because most level 10 teams don't have many players so it makes the first season really boring, this lead me to include Midway FC as a permanent affiliate, I also like this idea as it means I've been able to add lots of real life friends in and I don't have to manage them, I found managing players I've added tough as they never quite do as I'd like them too. Swadlincote's players and staff are real people in the game who were local and without a club, I've made sure they fit the standard of the league. I'm not one for making a team stupidly over powered and dominating with them, I love realism.)

I'm currently putting the finished touches to the database, then later I shall fire up the game and load some screenshots, I've also spent the day making kits for the club as well as doing a poor attempt at a team badge (lack of creativity killed me here), maybe if this gets up and running properly and gets a few fans one will be a good enough graphic artist to design a new club badge for me