crippycooke

Reaction score
Good day goys and birls :p , I have started a new Swansea City game with the aim to win the title in 5 seasons. I will continue the game after such time and will make Swansea the best team in Europe. I'm planning on carrying this game on long term until FM13 comes out. I've had great success on FM11 with Aston Villa (read my Aston Villa thread for more details) and FM12 with Everton. I'm calling out to all the readers of this thread to ask me anything you want about my game such as: training schedules, transfers, tactics, coaches etc. I'll update my story as much as I can to help you guys out. Below is a bio of my time at Everton, I had a great run with them on FM12. There are also pictures of all the important details that I take care of at the start of the season.

View attachment 230587 View attachment 230610 View attachment 230612 View attachment 230617View attachment 230618 View attachment 230620 View attachment 230670

Now for the players I'll be keeping.

View attachment 231046 View attachment 231054 View attachment 231055 View attachment 231052 View attachment 231053 View attachment 231049 View attachment 231050 View attachment 231051 View attachment 231047 View attachment 231048

As you can see there are no surprises there as Swansea have an abundance of talent. Some people may think that I should keep Angel Rangel but I feel that there are better options that I can sign and I can make decent money out of selling him too. The positions I need to fill are: RB, CB, DMC & MC.

Right Back

The Full Back is a key player in modern football, having to supplement his traditional defensive duties with overlapping runs down the wing to support forward play and help attacks overload the final third. Although primarily a defensive player, he must be prepared to get forward when the team needs extra width. With an automatic duty, the Full Back will switch automatically between defend and attack duties according to your match strategy. Attributes required:
Crossing, Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate.

View attachment 231063 View attachment 231064 View attachment 231065

Centre Back
The main job of the Central Defender is to stop the opposing attackers from playing and to clear the ball from danger when required. However, especially for more aggressive tactics, he must also possess the technique and composure to be able to help the team maintain possession and lay off simple passes to more creative players. With a defend duty, the Central Defender will stay in line with his defensive partner and look to break up attacks, mark opposing forwards and prevent the ball from getting into the box. Attributes required: Heading, Marking, Tackling, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Jumping, Strength.

View attachment 231117 View attachment 231118 View attachment 231119

Defensive Midfielders

The Defensive Midfielder's main duties are to protect the defensive line from breaking attackers by closing them down quickly and to support the creative midfielders when in possession. A key job of the Defensive Midfielder is to keep hold of the ball while the defence and attack are reorganising themselves after a period of opposition pressure. With a support duty, the Defensive Midfielder will step into the midfield line and support attacking moves. Attributes required: Marking, Tackling, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina and Strength.

View attachment 231120 View attachment 231121

Central Midfielders

The Central Midfielder has the technical ability to play attacking, support or defensive roles, but tends to lack the stamina, vision and drive to perform more than one simultaneously. With a defend duty, the Central Midfielder stays back in front of the defence and plays a simple supporting game for those playing further up the pitch. With a support duty, the Central Midfielder looks to hold his position in the middle of the park and play balls into the players ahead of him. Attributes required: First Touch, Passing, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Teamwork, and Work Rate. Also: Heading, Marking and Tackling for a defend duty. Long Shots, Marking, Tackling, Creativity and Off the Ball for a support duty.

View attachment 231123 View attachment 231124 View attachment 231125 View attachment 231126

1st season update

View attachment 231696 View attachment 231304 View attachment 231697 View attachment 231699
View attachment 231698 View attachment 231701 View attachment 231700 View attachment 231695
View attachment 231690 View attachment 231694 View attachment 231685 View attachment 231687
View attachment 231686 View attachment 231689 View attachment 231691 View attachment 231692
View attachment 231693 View attachment 231688 View attachment 231684

Last edited:
Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.. That'll be a good run of games for you ;)

Ive played 3 fm12 games with swansea. I tend to get geovanni dos santtos, machedo and fabio/santon. In my third attempt i got them to win the league in my fist season. Their quite an easy team to play with and i never got below 7th. Iff youve got the jan update u dont need a mid but if u dont have it then try getting egudersson, kayal or brown on loan. Sell a few players and you will make a healthy profit. Vorm is 100% reliable as is caulker, dyer and britton. The rest of tge team are also class.

Ive played 3 fm12 games with swansea. I tend to get geovanni dos santtos, machedo and fabio/santon. In my third attempt i got them to win the league in my fist season. Their quite an easy team to play with and i never got below 7th. Iff youve got the jan update u dont need a mid but if u dont have it then try getting egudersson, kayal or brown on loan. Sell a few players and you will make a healthy profit. Vorm is 100% reliable as is caulker, dyer and britton. The rest of tge team are also class.

Yea I've got the Jan update and the team are indeed class. I'm looking forward to this game and I've compiled the guys I want to sign so I'm working on it now and sorting out all the coaches.