Swansea City A.F.C || "Rise of the Swans"

nickmajfc

Reaction score
View attachment 339011Introduction;
Welcome to my first Football Manager story here on the FM-Base! My name is Nick and I am a big football fan who lives down under, a few hours north of Sydney, in a country town called Newcastle. Have been a football fan since I was 8. Huge Manchester United fan, since that very day I started watching football, and thank heavens it was the English Premier League that I was mostly interested in.

But enough of my story, It's now time to focus on making Swansea City a top club. This will be no easy task, as firstly, this is only the second time I have ever played football manager, with the first time not lasting long due to commitments. But, I feel that my experience as a real world manager of a first grade local club will help me in trying to take Swansea to the top in this virtual world. This is what makes my story intriguing. I won't be using any downloaded tactics, just straight up, self-made ones.

Also, this is probably a shock to most of you, as im sure the majority don't do this, but I will be watching my games in full, so I can manage the side exactly how I want to. Also, I figured out how to install updates and all that, so i am using the Pr0 transfer updates pack. I tried to use that Sergon one, but it does not work, so unfortunately this past seasons results etc. wont be in effect, and i will be starting as if United were champions the previous season. The good news is, most transfers have been updated, although I dont think the deadline day ones have been, e.g. Falcao to United and Welbeck to Arsenal, i will have a look and verify. Finally, I have disabled first window budgets, so I can manage the newly built squad from this transfer window. Without wasting any more time, lets begin with a club introduction!

Full Name: Swansea City Association Football Club
Short Name: Swansea City
Nicknames: The Swans / The Jacks
Home Ground: The Liberty Stadium

Players (Only the players in the FM update squad)
GK:
Lukasz Fabianski || Gerhard Tremmel || Gregor Zabret
DEF: Alan Tate || Dwight Tiendalli || Ashley Richards || Ashley Williams || Federico Fernandez || Jordi Amat || Angel Rangel || Neil Taylor
MID: Leon Britton || Wayne Routledge || Ki Sung-Yeung || Gylfi Siguardsson || Nathan Dyer || Jonjo Shelvey || Marvin Emnes || Rory Donnelly
STR: Jefferson Montero || Wilfried Bony || Bafetimbi Gomis

As you can see, our strong suit is probably the depth of our defence and midfield, and lets be honest, that is what will keep us tight at the back and through the transition area of our squad. In the January window I probably will look to bring in a striker or two, but that's a while away still, so i will have to make do with this squad.

View attachment 339010
In massive news this morning, former Western Sydney Wanderers and Newcastle Jets boss Nick Majurovski has been appointed as the new Swansea City manager. This is a big moment for the club. Majurovski comes in after finishing 1st with the Wanderers in their debut season and previously having taken the Jets to a first ever A-League championship. The worry amongst Swansea locals is the the fact that Majurovski is taking a big step forward from a league like the Australian one to the biggest in the world. We caught up with a few locals, here is one individuals comments.

Reporter: "What do you think of the new boss?"
Supporter: "It's a change, something i'm sure alot of us Swans fans didn't see coming. But, we must give him a chance and i'm sure the majority of us will. He has won trophies in his homeland and lets hope he can bring that success to your club. Obviously it's going to be hard replacing a manager like Garry Monk, but Nick is obviously willing to step up and face the pressure."

Interesting words from one of the locals. He is confident, but are you Swansea fans? Vote in our poll today and let us know if you think Majurovski will succeed or fail in this role. We will have the results tomorrow morning.

Next update will most likely be an overview of the tactics / fixtures etc.. and some more stories. Hope i get some followers for this story, because it's you guys, the viewers that will determine whether or not i continue this.

Thankyou. #GoSwans

The actual logo is just taken from google, the font "Majurovsk to lead Swans" is actually the Barclays Premier League Font. You can download that for free here: PremierLeague Font Download

Here is the full fixture list for the upcoming season. Will notify you the clubs we are drawn against in the cup games as soon as i find out.

View attachment 338989

Playing through the friendlies first. Will post updates after every friendly. This will be a lengthy story, as it will be a like a real one. So you will get one or two updates a day since i will only manage to fit in one full or two full games per day.

I can give a much better review of each game since im playing them in full too. Results will be posted in a article and normal format. This is what alot of you want to see, so here is what will most likely be my starting XI for the new season.

View attachment 338984

As you can see, i have gone with a CDM im Leon Britton, this is to really enable Swansea's strong suit. With our good midfield and solid backline, i will utilize the transition through midfield to hopefully win us games but also get through games without defeat. I went with Ashley Williams over Jordi Amat, Ashley's stats slightly edged Jordi's but my decision came from the fact Williams is quicker than Jordi.

Bony will lead the line, mainly because he can play like a target man, but also like a poacher. My second formation on their labelled "top teams" has the strategy set to defend and has the attacking midfielder Siguardsson pulled back to CM alongside Shelvey. This will be a much more defensive setup, and will be used against the "top 3 or 4". Finally, I have left the strategy etc.. to normal settings for the main formation, as i will be changing it before each game.

Coming Up: Swansea City vs. America (MEX) - Liberty Stadium - Friendly

Will update again soon with the first friendly results / news.

Will be a bit of a delay, getting a crash dump every time i click on "captains". Strange. Will try and fix it.

Looking forward to this Nick...has the makings of a great story and hopefully a long term save...Good luck with this, I shall be following

Looking forward to this Nick...has the makings of a great story and hopefully a long term save...Good luck with this, I shall be following

Thanks mate, will certainly be continuing this, just trying to fix the crash dump issue. Didn't happen the last time i played FM, but now its crashing when i change my captains every single time. Strange one.

View attachment 338880

In what has been a big week in the footballing world, we continue today with more news in regards to the upcoming Barclays Premier League season. Swansea City earlier this week appointed a new manager, one who has never managed at such a high level. Nick Majurovski, a young man born in Newcastle, Australia has come to England on the back of a 1st place minor premiership win with Western Sydney Wanderers and a A-League Championship with the Newcastle Jets under his belt. One can only assume he would be content with a mid-table finish, but after we spoke with midfielder Jonjo Shelvey earlier today at training, he revealed exactly what Majurovski's goals really are.

Reporter: "Thankyou for your time Jonjo. Firstly, how has the first week of training been under the watchful eye of the new boss?"

Shelvey: "To be honest, it's been different. But different in a good way. The boss came in and immediately fit in with the lads, and the lads have welcomed him with open arms. It's something new, but we will get used to it more as time goes on."

Reporter: "Has there been any talk in regards to your season expectations at all? How high does the club aim this season?"

Shelvey: "High. No club ever wants to aim low, even if the outside bookies expectations are low. We spoke as a club yesterday and decided that we think a top half finish is very respectable and we would even love to give Europe a real shake up, see if we can slip into one of those places. We know realistically it's going to be tough, but Nick has given us a sense of confidence, and his confidence rubs off on the rest of us, not only at training but just generally in our minds every single minute of every single day."

Reporter: "Your first friendly is tonight across the road at the Liberty, are we going to see a full strength lineup? Has the manager discussed this yet?"

Shelvey: "We have been given a rough idea on who is starting, and its pretty strong. Noone will know the full strength side until the season is under way."

There you have it. Swansea are aiming high and im sure the fans will be pleased to hear this, but they will only be pleased if they back it up. Don't miss the friendly tonight at The Liberty Stadium, which will air on SwansTV.

Swansea City vs. America (MEX) - Friendly - Liberty Stadium - SwansTV

Still trying to find a fix for this crash dump, getting a little ridiculous now.

Good news.

This save will continue, fixed the issue, hopefully there are many still interested. If there is, ill keep it going.