likeabaws

Reaction score
View attachment 331294So, Brendan Rodgers goes to pastures new at Liverpool, leaving Swansea managerless. Me, Johnny Johnson, a nobody from Stockport, gets offered the job, because I just got my local pub team into an actual semi-pro league. I'm always up for a challenge, and seeing the handsome 27 grand a week Mr Jenkins put on the table, I bit his hand off accepting the offer. So there it is. I got to work quickly, outlining my 5 year plan:
View attachment 331296
I rate I can do it if The Sun doesn't hound me out of my job by Tuesday. Updates to come soon!

Transfers and Pre-season

Transfers IN:
Adel Taarabt: £9.5m from QPR
Artem Dzyuba: £9m from Spartak Moscow (I think)
Jon Walters: Exchange for Wayne Routledge from Stoke

Transfers OUT:
Curtis Obeng: Loan
Wayne Routledge: Exchange for Jon Walters to Stoke

Pre season
View attachment 331310

Don't really like the whole "got my local pub team to a semi-pro league so they hired me" deal. It really isn't that realistic. I mean would that ever happen irl? Probably not. Just my advice really, I never did a story myself but I've read a lot of them.

August

Swansea 2-1 Spurs
Taarabt (pen), Walters

Sunderland 0-3 Swansea
Walters (2), Taraabt

Swansea 2-1 Colchester (Capital One Cup)
Shechter, Lamah

Fair to say the new signings paid off. Taraabt has been sensational, scoring twice and assisting twice in the process. I never beat Spurs on FM13 so that was brilliant to get the win, although we were quite lucky, as Michael Dawson was dismissed and Huddlestone missed a pen. An awesome start, can't wait to push on.

Don't really like the whole "got my local pub team to a semi-pro league so they hired me" deal. It really isn't that realistic. I mean would that ever happen irl? Probably not. Just my advice really, I never did a story myself but I've read a lot of them.
Yeah, but starting on the Sunday league player level is part of the challenge of FM, how else would you explain it?

Yeah, but starting on the Sunday league player level is part of the challenge of FM, how else would you explain it?

Well you could have posed as an ex-player and put your reputation up to like national. But if you wanna go for sunday league level that's your choice.

Well you could have posed as an ex-player and put your reputation up to like national. But if you wanna go for sunday league level that's your choice.
Fair enough mate but I always start at that level, it's how I like to play the game :)

September

Premier league:
Swansea 4-2 Southampton
De Guzman, Walters (2), Dzyuba

Swansea 2-0 QPR
Dyer, Dzyuba

West Ham 1-2 Swansea
Michu, Walters

Everton 4-5 Swansea
Walters (3), De Guzman (pen), Michu

Capital One Cup:
Swansea 2-1 Everton
Lamah, Seung-Yeung

Player of the Month:
Jonathan Walters

Would love comments, likes, advice etc. Cheers!

Make the formating more interesting. It just looks a bit too bland. Add more info and maybe your own opinions about the matches. Some good examples are Klippybo's stories.

I'll update two months tonight, been very busy lately, apologies :)

as emile heskey :))) said, try making the layout more interesting with (for example) screenshots, personal opinions, player of the month...other than that amazing results, expescially the double win to everton!

View attachment 332067

View attachment 332068
Premier League

Swansea 2-2 Man City
Walters (2)

Cheslea 2-1 Swansea
Dyer

West Brom 3-0 Swansea

Extremely annoyed as I had to replay the WBA game after my computer updated just after game having saved at Chelsea game. Won the first 2-0 so that was irritating. Other than that, not too bad, good point against City and we were unlucky against Chelsea. Arsenal away next in the BPL, so not too positive about picking up points.

View attachment 332069
Capital One Cup
Swansea 2-2 Blackburn
Swansea win 5-4 on pens
Schecter, Britton

Really feel we have a chance at winning this! :D

Player of the Month
View attachment 332070
Leon Britton

Make the formating more interesting. It just looks a bit too bland. Add more info and maybe your own opinions about the matches. Some good examples are Klippybo's stories.
Thanks for the advice mate, taken that on board, see latest update

View attachment 332119

View attachment 332120
Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Swansea

Swansea 1-0 Newcastle
Walters

Wigan 0-4 Swansea
Chico, Dyer, Taarabt, De Guzman

Norwich 1-2 Swansea
Walters, Taarabt

A terrific month, Walters is unreal! Taarabt has been a monster as well since his return from injury, and our football has been great to watch. More of the same please lads!

Player of the Month
View attachment 332121
Adel Taarabt

Big improvement mate. Maybe add more info on the more exciting matches like the 4-0 and other standout moments. Will follow the story!

Sorry about lack of posting one coming tonight, just lots of fixtures in december and not a lot of time on my hands