Swansea City Challenge - 2 and a half years

Mike

Like a glove!
Reaction score
It's the 31st of December 2011, and Swansea are at the root of the Premier League table with just 7 points out of a possible 54. Tomorrow is the beginning of the January Transfer Window. You, an unproven Dutch manager, have replaced Brendan Rodgers and have been given the task of surviving the fall.

Your team is a staggering 11 points from the nearest safety position and you're expected to get out of the danger zone as quickly as possible. You're out of the League Cup. Your FA Cup Third Round tie sees you play away against Crystal Palace.There is £4.49m in the transfer kitty but you are losing over £22k a week in wage costs.

With half a season remaining and just 1 win and a massive 13 losses.. can you turn the situation around?

POINTS BREAKDOWN

SEASON 1

Premier League

I've decided to rule out winning the League because it is seemingly impossible, so basically the higher your position, the more you score. I will also be taking into account wins, draws, losses, goals scored and goals conceded, including the obvious final points overall.

The less you spend in the transfer window, the more you score. This encourages you to use the players you’ve got. If you can make a profit, that will increase your points tally. Loaning players in or out automatically knocks off 100 points per player from your score.

Here is the formula used to score points:
premform.png
Worry not if you do not understand the formuala; you just score the points.

FA Cup

Basically, all you need to do to score points is win in the Third Round. If you fail to win in your first FA Cup game, you will score 0 points. If you win the Cup, you will get an extra 500 points.
faform.png
Again, don't worry if you don't understand.

You will get an extra 100 points per following award at the end of the season:
Manager of the Year
Players’ Player of the Year
Top Goalscorer

You will also get an extra 50 points per player named in the Team of the Year award.

You can save at any one point per month, so a total number of 12 saves per year. Any more than this will reset your score to zero for the season.

I need screenshots of the following:
Premier League table
Transfer History
Game Status
Premier League Awards
FA Cup

I ask you to provide all screenshots at the same time, preferrably the day after the season finishes (after your last game). The FA Cup screenshot must be of the final FA Cup game you played.

I will set the second season objectives after you've all finished the first season.

Good luck and get scoring :D

SWANSEA CITY 2 AND A HALF YEAR CHALLENGE FILE HERE FOR DOWNLOAD!

>>>>> https://rapidshare.com/files/1721524696/Challenge.fm <<<<<

Last edited:
Is anybody going to give this a go? I might start it tonight but haven't got much time.

Going to give this a bash.

Also it says about the points being worked out by singings / loan signings what about free transfers ?

Gonna attempt this tomorrow probably, the formula goes way over my head though :p
Is it only going to be scored for the first 2 and a half years though, might be interesting to carry it on?

coming to near end of my first season. I have liverpool in the FA cup final and look set to just about avoid relegation think i will finish around 16th.

So far so good :p Also whats the points for european football ?

Transfers.png

PremierLeague.png

Gamestatus.png

FACupFinal.png

Season done :D Overall i feel with the players I had went ok. Second season I have just been handed at 28 million Transfer budget which is pretty sweet.

How does the scoring work for season 2 and what is my points for season 1 ?

Last edited: