even just keeping a tight wage budget helps.most i paid a player was 50k a week and team no more than 500k aweek and concentrated in bringing the youth through and try and upgrade all facilities.

Not bad, i gave Celtic a bit of cash plus Ashley Richards for Gary Hooper! Quality signing.

Anyone with Swansea on the new patch?I've brought in Martin Olsson 8 mill,carbral 1.2 mill,Leo 7 mill and J Walters 5 mill.sold Tate and monk plus Routledge L Moore and Augustein.hopefully get them playing the Swansea way.

Hi Guys

First time post for me so be patient please :D

To the OP, signing Adam Matthews?!?!?! Really?!?!!? He's Ex-Cardiff!! Wash your mouth out Mr!!!!

Only really started enjoying FM2013 after starting with Swansea. I think they are a great balance with a decent starting squad but low expectations, with the potential to be challenging for Europe.

I found that using Raikan's tactic made me solid but lacked goals. I changed the two CM's to play DM, with one as a DM and the other DLP and what a difference it makes!! Using Ki as the DLP works great for me and I signed McCarthy in my 3rd season who fits in great as a replacement for an ageing Britton.

I find Richards is an excellent back-up for Rangel and Bartley has been as consistent as Williams as a Centre back for me. Chico is also worth keeping as he can play DM too.

I managed to sell Dyer for £7mil and replaced him with Zaha - a great trade if you ask me :) Also managed to get Defoe for £1.5Mil and he really made the difference as I struggled to get any of my strikers scoring regularly until then.

Raikan also suggests playing Michu as the CF (like irl) but he didn't play well at all for me there. In my second season I also got Affelay from Barc on loan and he played very well. I find that you can get some real quality players on loan each season without worrying about blowing a whole load on their wage (3rd season in, got Kaka on loan from Man Ciy. £0 contribution but payed them £500k up front).

I got into the Europa League at the end of the second season by finishing 6th but the lack of home-grown players is a right pain in the ****.

JACK ARMY!

I'm into 2020 now and loving the save.Ive won the league twice and champs league twice plus one fa cup.just aproaching April and I'm in the quarters of champs league against man u and it's tight between us and utd for the league.

I have a lot of regens in my team.only real players are Zouma,Wanyama,Ward Prowse,Neymar and El Shaarawy is joining in the summer on a free

trouble

Hi Guys, Just wanted to ask about a couple of issues i'm having with my Swansea City file. I'm using a possession tactic very similar to the one suggested in Raikan007's possession thread. However i'm having a massive amount of trouble off crosses and set plays. I seem to give away a goal every game from a corner or a crossed free kick and i'm wondering if anyones got an idea's on how I can change this? I've been working on defending set pieces for all of pre-season as I was worried about this and I'm now 10 or so games in and the problem is persisting. I'm using Ashley Williams and Chico Flores to mark the tall players, along with 7m signing Mile Jedinak of Crystal palace who has very good stats for defending of set plays. However I cannot seem to address the problems. Just wondered if anyone could suggest any ways of fixing this persisting issue that is hampering my ability to win games! Its so frustrating. Thanks a lot.

I started a new game with swansea and used your tactic. ABSOLOUTLY AMAZING!!!! Coming third in the league after 18 matches!! Bought shane long as striker and hes a complete beast. Scored 16 goals in 17 matches. Cant wait till january because i have already bought waynwama and hes coming.