Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshCrusader

Reaction score
*This is using my own created Welsh League system database which features the 'exiles' of Welsh Football playing now in Wales. Feel free to download and help me fine tune it to make it perfect

** I have already played through the first season SO I will give the results for that season and quickly jump to the start of season 2, post World Cup.

28imazs.png

The restructuring of Welsh Football today was confirmed today with a complete overhaul to the system and its rules and regulations. Many critics of Welsh football over the years have heralded this move as a necessary one as despite the increasing level of talent emerging from the Welsh nation it is a false dawn as these players were taught and trained by English clubs.

So as of January 1st 2009 the Welsh clubs playing in England tendered their resignations to their respective divisions as they now sought European qualification and glory and most importantly, due to a heavy restructuring program the Welsh league system would now have toperate under a heavy financial code of business, much similar to the German league system as they did not wish to run the errors of the past of Swansea & Cardiff and especially not the current plight of English football as a whole.

FAW Chairman Philip Pritchard today had this to say;

"I am delighted that our exiled teams have come back to the league, through heavy investment with various companies and individuals the new Welsh League System I feel will have a more solid footing and as a result a better financial and footballing future."

The Rules of the new league system are as follows;

A squad of only 25 players to be registered.
Of that squad 5 players must have been trained in Wales & 3 must have been trained by the club itself.
No more than 3 foreign players Non-EU are to be registered by any club.

The season will run from mid august to late April with seven divisions and multiple cups to participate in, the footballers will have the chance to play regularly although no reserve divisions are to be used, instead a league and cup system for the under 20's and under 18's has been devised by the FAW as well as a competition between the Scottish Champions, N.Irish Champions, Irish & Welsh champions also with a sum of money put together by all four associations with the winner gaining £1,000,000 in prize money.

This new season sees the birth of the Welsh Superleague and the remaining divisions and hopefully with that a stronger more powerful national team. But until these dreams are achieved the Welsh League must fight for survival in its infancy and fight to be the number one league in the British Isles and then Europe and then the world.

First Season Review

2czpu8h.png

The first season of the WSL saw an obvious one-two pairing at the top with Cardiff City edging out the Swans by 6 points, those points gained by defeating the Swans both home and away.
Also the club announced link ups with Treharris before the season and Barry Football Club post season to allow their younger players more game time as a step up from youth team football.

Before the season started there was a rush job to ensure all Welsh teams football stadiums met with UEFA standards and as such new stadia were constructed all over Wales in the hope fo clawing back supporters from the English teams and provide every town with a new sporting venue for all events and also the town itself a new source of revenue. All stadia now had to be 25000 seater minimum in the WSL with stadia below any capacity. Aother reason for this is the FAW's drive to achieve the hosting of a future European Championship Tournament and future European club finals.

TRANSFERS FOR 2009/2010

setw5s.png

But despite League failure Swansea managed to achieve under their new manager Ryan Gwyther to seal a cup double with the Premier Cup, a cup played betweenall WSL member clubs and the Owain Glyndwr Cup, the all league cup competition thus securing European qualification despite being runners up.

Managaer Ryan Gwyther had this to say following his succesful first season in charge.

"Following Sousa's resignation at the start of the season it didn't give me much time to work with the lads but I am glad we all gelled and to be honest are making an impact at home and I can't wait for Europe. It has been years since we were playing out there competetively and I think that within the next decade a Welsh team WILL win the Champions League and it will be this club"

Season Two Begins Now.

Transfer wise the club saw Alan Tate leave for Barnsley, last seasons top scorer for Swansea Ariel Nahuelpan leave on loan for Palermo so he can come back with more higher league experience and the club also saw Ferie Bodde and a couple of other players depart for Stoke in a huge swoop by the Potters. Other players such as Mark Gower & Stephen Dobbie were released following arguments with Gwyther over his transfer Policy.

Whilst into the club Jazz Richards returned after being sold last season and it seems he is now a better player for it, he comes in alongside Brazilian defender Jeci, Argentinian striker Federico Higuain, Spanish defender Ivan Gonzalez, Argentin-Italian defender Re also coming. Other additions include Peter Encklemann, Custodio, Amr Zaki, a few youth players released by top English teams and former cardiff prodigy Adam Matthews, signed form Liverpool after only one season.

Nice to see another Swansea Story, as well as mine! How can you sell tate? he's a true swans legend!

the depreciation value of players goes WAY down hill in this database, bodde was worth only 50k so i sold him to stoke for a lot of money bwhen i took over stoke with a 2nd playable manager, basically bought a lot of swansea players and decided to rebuild Stoke with manager number 2.

And tate, he ended up being angry with me despite saying he wanted to leave.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I'm gonna restart this story from the start anyway, database needs tweaking once more.

Cardiff City Pld 34, W 34! I think the other teams need a bit of a rep boost (or Cardiff need a rep drop)! Also, where's Merthyr Tydfil? They are welsh in English league... do you have them in a lower division?

Last edited:
merthyr are 14th in the league at the end of the first season. as I said before im redoing the database slightly to tweak certain things.

and i rep boosted all teams in all leagues to be the same, its just cardiff and swansea have the better players, and EVERY time i start the game from scratch michael bleeding chopra scores at least 50 goals

Nice start there mate though don't like seeing Swans 2nd!

Be interesting to see how the second season runs with all the players changes and must agree how could you sell Tate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.