rookiemanager

Reaction score
Playing a 442, swapping my 2 cbs with each other, my 2 cm with each other and my front 2 with each other. Does this confuse the opposition?

What do you guys do?

It makes them harder to mark man to man but I personally don't use the swapping feature. Everytime I try, my players fail miserably for some reason.

swapping your two cb should only confuse your team. Theres no need for that.
When to swap two players ?
When they are marked.
If your one CM is your PLAYMAKER, and you notice in game that he is always marked, swap him and give him some space. This works for your strikers too ( tho they arent your playmakers).
Sum, if your player is marked, swap him, If not, dont do it.

I have interchangeable wingers as inside forwards, when not swapping, they play with Cut Inside as wide play, but when they're not working I switch to move into channes and swap with each other. Then again, I'm not a great tactician, but so far my team's been doing good so I think it may not be that bad after all.

When they are marked.
If your one CM is your PLAYMAKER, and you notice in game that he is always marked, swap him and give him some space. This works for your strikers too ( tho they arent your playmakers).

When you say 'Swapping', do you mean swapping them manually on the formation screen, or using the 'swap with ******** player' setting in the players individual settings?

you can do it manually too, but it takes lot of time.

Do it with two wingers that can play on either flank and are comfortable

I've messed around with it but cant see any significant different. I'll try it in a team with a playmaker on the wings.

When they are marked.

This.

Swapping your central defenders around is pointless, they are not threats to the opposition in the sense of attacking, only wingers, strikers and attacking central midfielders are.

Your wingers and possibly your strikers are ones that you should be swapping around, not your central defenders.