liamshaw9

Reaction score
Is it me or does this NEVER happen for you?

You brake through 2 on 1, usually with a winger and a striker. The winger has the ball, cuts inside and instead of rolling it across the box to an unmarked striker with an open goal, he shoots from a stupid angle. 9/10 he misses too. Why don't they ever just make a simple pass to a striker with an open goal who can't miss?

FM finally needs to learn something from FIFA for once!

Is it me or does this NEVER happen for you?

You brake through 2 on 1, usually with a winger and a striker. The winger has the ball, cuts inside and instead of rolling it across the box to an unmarked striker with an open goal, he shoots from a stupid angle. 9/10 he misses too. Why don't they ever just make a simple pass to a striker with an open goal who can't miss?

FM finally needs to learn something from FIFA for once!

This has driven me mad often but I've noticed that this only ever happens in real life with settled teams who've played together for a few years. I assume that teamwork, vision and decisions play a huge part in passing to a team-mate for a goal and more often that not, when I look back at a selfish striker; they have low team-work.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a high goal-bonus deterred a striker from passing as it'd cost him a few thousands pounds.
I've concidered teaching all my strikers "looks for pass rather than shoot" as an experiment to see if this would result in mroe team goals but I've been too lazy to as of yet.