PatrickLFC

Reaction score
As people who are following my story on this site will know, I'm managing Malmo FF in the Allsvenskan - the Swedish Premier Division. I've completed two seasons and won the league in both seasons, but have come across a problem with my manager history and achievements. Post number 490, the one at the bottom of this page, shows exactly what I mean:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ies/293676-malmo-ff-swedish-adventure-49.html

Basically the Swedish Premier Division wins are not listed in my history, but have been replaced by the European Champions League - which I have not won. This has happened twice now, I will screenshot my current manager achievements as evidence of this if anyone wants to see, but the problem is not anywhere else in the game, as we are not listed as Past Winners for the Champions League, yet we are listed as the defending champions for the league. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

On a side note, I think this is also the reason I haven't unlocked the Steam achievement of winning the top domestic league and cup in the same season, as I did that in the second year, but didn't unlock that achievement, and I'd say it's to do with this.

Issues like these are almost always caused by an Anti-Virus program or a harddrive cleaner of some sort. The short of it is, that your history seems to have been corrupted/deleted. This happens when either of the 2 types of program delete temporary files FM uses to store these records while you have you are running FM with that save open.

Do not let them run scans while you have your save open.

Issues like these are almost always caused by an Anti-Virus program or a harddrive cleaner of some sort. The short of it is, that your history seems to have been corrupted/deleted. This happens when either of the 2 types of program delete temporary files FM uses to store these records while you have you are running FM with that save open.

Do not let them run scans while you have your save open.

I don't remember running anything like that, but I suppose it's possible. Is there any way to change it?

Once the files are corrupted, that's it. Unless you can load an earlier save where your history is still intact and continue from there!

Do you have an Anti-Virus?

Once the files are corrupted, that's it. Unless you can load an earlier save where your history is still intact and continue from there!

Do you have an Anti-Virus?

Nope, too late for that unfortunately

I actually don't know, it was my dad's laptop before so it's entirely possible, but there's no actual software which I manually run as an anti-virus, so unless it's an automatic one in the background then I don't think so

Nope, too late for that unfortunately

I actually don't know, it was my dad's laptop before so it's entirely possible, but there's no actual software which I manually run as an anti-virus, so unless it's an automatic one in the background then I don't think so
These programs usually run in the background as soon as windows starts up. It'd be worth finding out and adding the FM folders (both in the Steam directory and your My Documents) to the exceptions list, if the AV has one.

These programs usually run in the background as soon as windows starts up. It'd be worth finding out and adding the FM folders (both in the Steam directory and your My Documents) to the exceptions list, if the AV has one.

Sorry I didn't mention I'm on a Mac, didn't think it was relevant at first. Not sure how I'd find about it or how to edit the exceptions, but maybe

Sorry I didn't mention I'm on a Mac, didn't think it was relevant at first. Not sure how I'd find about it or how to edit the exceptions, but maybe
Same thing applies on a Mac, but I'm not sure about the locations of these folders on a Mac.

Same thing applies on a Mac, but I'm not sure about the locations of these folders on a Mac.

Thats okay, do you know how I'd work out whether there is such a software running, what it is, where the folders are and any other relevant things? Or should I consult Google?