Sweeper Goalkeeper?

SaintSinner

Nov 27, 2008
buzzativ.com
I have set my goalkeeper to sweeper goalkeeper. has anyone else tried this? Its good in one-on-one situation as goalkeeper will come forward to close in on the player. but sometimes it backfires.

Goooner

Dec 19, 2008
I wouldnt dare. My keeper isnt good at rushing out i think and hes quite slow as well maybe with Pepe Reina id try though

tk_TommyKim

Feb 28, 2010
It does come in handy if you play a very high defensive line and close down often because the keeper can stop most of the through balls.

Anton86

Jan 26, 2009
But you should play ten games in row with keeper sweeper attack, then load the last game and play the same games with goalkeeper in a normal way (and don't change other tactic and say the same stuff to the players before the match)

Darth South

Jan 16, 2010
www.guneyland.com
Well, there are couple of specialities that golakeeper needs to have
If you have all these and you play with a high line, he probably is going to save a lot of goals, but unluckily, if he concedes one will be named as his mistake...

1-pace
2-acceleration
3-Anticipation
4-Positioning

JuPSG

Jun 25, 2010
Depends on the keeper. Had a great run with French keeper Benoit Costil. He's got the qualities for that role. Got him at an affordable price and helped me go up 2 levels in French league. Scouted by ManU and various Liga teams after promotion

I would add, good at 1v1 and rushing out is helpful as well.

Anton86

Jan 26, 2009
I've been trying it now for 3/4 season in Jamaica and it worked very well. Only got one goal against due to the keeper rushing out. WOn the league and the cup, which i did the year before as well but it was a good improvement, the sweeper keeper

alcool22

Mar 23, 2010
Well, there are couple of specialities that golakeeper needs to have
If you have all these and you play with a high line, he probably is going to save a lot of goals, but unluckily, if he concedes one will be named as his mistake...

1-pace
2-acceleration
3-Anticipation
4-Positioning

and rushing out (the most important i think)