wolfie77

Reaction score
Hi,

I have instructed my team to have a much higher defensive line and am playing with offside ticked as a result. I was just wondering is it better to make Joe Hart a sweeper keeper (defend) or Nastasic a covering defending to minimise the gap behind the defense.

I am not using any individual player instructions at the moment. My back 4 is as follows:-

Zabaleta (Full Back - Support)
Kompany (Centre Back - Defend)
Nastasic / Lescott (Centre Back - Defend)
Kolorov (Wing Back - Attack)

I think if u have a covering defender it will destroy your offside trap best have hart sweeping up or have a stopper n a cover defender n drop a bit deeper works great against teams with one forward

Sweeper Keeper all the way mate. You cant minimise the gap but you can deal with its effect. Identify the "chance creating" players in opposition XI and deal with them by man marking and OIs (and by utilising an AM/DLP/HB in front of back 4). You have to stop supply of thru balls at source.

Sweeper Keeper all the way mate. You cant minimise the gap but you can deal with its effect. Identify the "chance creating" players in opposition XI and deal with them by man marking and OIs (and by utilising an AM/DLP/HB in front of back 4). You have to stop supply of thru balls at source.

I use koscielny stopper and Mertesacker cover with an offside trap and Szczesny as a sweeper keeper. Szczesny hasn't cpnceded in about 400 minutes for me. Sweeper keepers are a must have with a high offside line.