When we returned to America, I sat down with the clubs assistant, and said that I would maybe like to bring in some of my own staff, turns out it didn't go down to well, he wanted 14k for a his contract to be mutually terminated, which I agreed to and wished him all the best for the future. He has been with them sine 2002, so I'm sure the fans wont be best pleased about it, but I wanted to bring in a man quite close to me, his name was Mike Matkovic, he lives near my parents, and was a man with a wide knowledge off football, he left Chicago in 2010, and has been un-employed ever since, we had always kept in touch, he, along with a lot off other people persuaded my to come to Seattle Sounders.
0.jpg

Brian, talking after he was relieved of his duty as Seattle assistant manager.

Transfers
Overall, I quite pleased with my dealings in the transfer window, here's the list off them:

Fabrice Pancrate
Fabrice-Pancrate_1177799.jpg

He's a man with bundles of pace, he can take players on and cross the ball in for Freddy, or come inside and shoot, I'm delighted the deal got finished to quickly, following his trial. A lot of people are asking whether his wages were a trouble, they were not. He was just very excited about coming along and playing for this club.

Pablo Ricchetti
843418638_2a0c8952e7.jpg

He's a man who has a lot of experience of playing the game, and at the age of 33 he knows what's wrong and what's not. I'm surprised he's not been capped by his national side, Argentina, he was a player that was in rich form when he spend his years in Spain for Valladolid.

Shefki Kuqi
shefki-kuqi.jpg

Not only has Shefki got a good celebration on him, he brings a power house style to the front two, offering support for Freddy. It should be interesting to see him and Nkufo batteling for the 2nd place up-front. He turned down an offer to play in the PremierLeague with Newcastle, as he felt like the move would be a bad one.

Roger Espinoza
roger+espinoza.jpg

Again, another player who has a lot of pace, can provide us with some great cover on the wings, and he can also squeeze into the centre mid role if needed.

Beto
Beto20070316.jpg

I was more than happy to welcome Beto to America, a player who has proven his goods on the international stage for Portugal. He provides a presence in the air, and also on the ground. If we're going to get a fluid game going, we need players who are used to playing that.

Pre-Season round up.
Pre-season didn't quite go to plan, winning just 2 off the 5 games we played. The players need to get used to the football we're trying to play, and our match preperation has been on hard to try and sort this out before the start of the season..

View attachment 136887

Just a update before the start of the season guys, hope you enjoy reading it. If there's any changes you would like to see me make let me know and I'll take them into consideration.

:wub:​

Great update, loving this story its inspired me to start a MLS save :D

Love this since it's different with you being in the MLS will definitely follow :)

nice story, and its all so a new experience for me as this story as inspired me to manage an american team and i will follow

May the season begin!
It's the moment American football fans have been waiting for, the start of an exciting new season in the MLS. The teams have had the off term to prepare for the new season, and have wasted no time on bringing in players with a high calibure. The ground breaking move would have to be Thierry Henry, completing his move to NY Red Bulls on a free transfer from Barcelona. It's also a sad time for LA Galaxy, who have seen their captain, Landon Donovan complete his move to Newcastle for a fee off 6.75m. They have wasted no time in replacing him, spending 1.5 million dollars on 7 new players.

It's also going to be an interesting season for Seattle Sounders new head coach, Luke Bodell. The former England international has replaced Sigi at the helm, he wasted no time in bringing in some talent as he completed the signing of Fabrice Pancrate on a free.

Seattle vs Philadelphia.
Today's game of the day is Seattle vs Philadelphia Union, both teams have made changes in the transfer window, and the bookies are predicting them to finish 4th and 5th respectively.

Luke Bodell has to keep his eye out for hot prospect Danny Mwange, the 18 year old from DR Congo has bags of pace, and is looking to get enough goals to see them push for the title.

View attachment 136911

Piotr, the Philadelphia boss must also look out for talented young striker Freddy Montero, who has is being watched by over 10 different clubs according to manager Luke Bodell, however, he has said that Montero is not up for sale, and won't be whilst he is the boss. The pacy Columbian is just 22 years old, and has a bright future ahead off him.

View attachment 136915

Home sweet seattle, for Bodell
It was a outstanding atmosphere at Qwest Field, I arrived a couple off hours before kick off with the players, and we had a walk around the pitch and had a chat, I let the lads sign a few auto-graphs with the few thousand fans there early, before walking back to the dressing room.

My first league game team talk was rather nerve racking, I knew it wasn't going to be an easy game, with them expecting to finish just one place below us according to the bookies. I told the lads they should do this for the fans, I could hear the fans chanting songs about Montero & me, it put a wide smile on my face hearing some of the lyrics, they were hyped up, and couldn't wait till kick off.. It was just down to me to deliver a win for them.

Heated affair.
It's a headed affair here at Qwest Fields, just 5 minutes into the game there has been two bookings for Philadelphia, including one for Dannt Mwanga, for using foul language.

8 MINS: It's a great ball down the line for Montero, who knocks it past Mwanga who goes diving in.. He's on a yellow already.. And that's it, he's gone! RED CARD for Mwanga.

31MINS, GOAL: It's a great goal from Montero, who catches it on the volley from the edge of the area, keeper had no change, 1-0 to Seattle.
20090327_sfc_03.jpg

GOAL, 51MINS: It's another goal for starlett Montero, who latches onto a mistake from centre back Califf, and takes it around the keeper to slot into an empty net.

GOAL, 53: It's another for Seattle, a cross from the left hand side from Gonzalez, it bounces around the box and happened to land perfectly for Pancrate to lash it into the top right, who instantly goes and celebrates with his boss Bodell.

FT: SEATTLE SOUNDERS 3-0 PHILADELPHIA.
View attachment 136920

It's a great start for boss Luke Bodell, as his side dominated for 90 minutes against their opponents today, and were unlucky only to get three goals. A brace from Montero, and a volley from Pancrate was enough to see them threw, Seattle has 16 shots to Philadelphia's 3. We managed to catch up with Bodell who said this:

It's a fantastic result us, we knew it wasn't going to be easy, but we went for an attacking team, and it payed off. They lost their best player in mwanga early, which did help us a lot. It was a rash challenge on Montero, who purely out-classed their defence today. We need to keep our feet on the ground, that's just one game, many more to come..

soundersfans.jpg

Fans celebrating after their 3-0 win over Philedelphia.

:wub:

Nicely done mate. Unfortunate pre-season, but good recovery against a Philly team with loads of potential

Just saw the last couple of updates, good result against Philadelphia too, keep it up! :D