Switching between tactics is woeful... Help !!!

Raavan

Reaction score
Edit:- Kindly Read my post below( 4th down) to better understand my problem...

Hi Guys,

I decided to start playing fm14 only after the x-mas patch after playing the beta version.
Now I'm on the 14.2 version and have a problem...

After making my first tactic ( suppose a 442) and setting all the roles and duties and instructions etc, when I go on to add my second tactic (suppose based on the same 442 model i.e. starting with the same basic 442 as in first and then start changing the shape to eventually a 4-2-3-1 and then saving it. ) what happens is that all my players get mixed up when I shift from on tactic to the other.
For eg-
In 442 if Suarez in my CF and Aspas is DLF and Sakho is CD then when I change to 4-2-3-1 and want Suarez to be AF and Aspas to be Second Strkr(at AMC position) and Sakho to stay as such, but what happens is that suarez goes to CM position and Aspas goes to Full back position and Sakho becomes the striker and all their Roles and INSTRUCTIONS are changed or deleted and hence forth for all other players.

Sorry for the long post but kindly help me out as currently I'm playing with only one tactic.

Last edited:
well, that's what you get really, in all fm games, the tactic is not similar to 442, so it doesn't know what to do with the extra midfielder and striker for example, so if you want to change tactics mid game to a tactic that doesn't suit your squid build up, you will have issues, the only way to battle this is to invest in players who can play in multiple positions.

When you switch formation, just go into the tactic menu and move the players to where they should be. Only takes a few seconds.

As for loosing their roles and instructions: it's a new tactic, they will replace the old tactics instructions in favor for the new tactics instruction.

Its just the way the tactics are created, if you had made all 3 yourself you can make sure the player selection list is always in the same order, so they dont shuffle. but with imported its a pain, but one FM will always have. I wish you could save set piece setups as a seperate file as well, and import them.

@ above..
I think you got my problem. But the thing is that I do make my own tactics and do take care of selecting the players in the same order. Still they shuffle. So much so that my AML from one tactic starts carrying 'player instruction' of a WB(r) from the other tactic with those instructions greyed out that don't hold anymore.

These are my two tactics--

.......................Suarez......Aspas

......................Gerrard.....Levia..

............................Matic..........

.......Enrique.....Agger...Sakho...Skrtel......Johnson

and

...............................Suarez

.............Coutinho......Aspas............Sterling

.......................Gerrard.........Levia

......Enrique.....Agger..........Skrtel....... Johnson

Here I made the 1st tac first and saved it (lets call it RabidSuarez) and then clicked Add tactic in the tactics menu and loaded the 1st saved tactic again( and it read Copy of RabitSuarez). Then I made the necessary changes in that tactic like by pushing Aspas position down to AMC and taking Matic(DM in 1st tac) to AMR position( thinking that if i come to use it I would put sterling here) and taking Sakho(CD in 1st tac) to AML( planning to put Coutinho here if I came to use it). Saved this 2nd tactic with a new name "WaitingForLewa". Ofcourse I also changed all other player roles and Instructions where it was needed, that goes without saying.

then I press continue and later come back to the tactics screen. Both tacs are there and I click to see the 2nd tactic and what do I see instead of what I drew earlier---

...................................Suarez

............Johnson...........Aspas..........Levia

........................Agger......Enrique...

...........Gerrard....Matic.....Sakho......Skrtel...

In this absurdity, as per my plan Sakho should've been where Johnson is right now so I could replace him with coutinho and Matic should've been where Levia is right now so I could've replaced him with sterling and simply continue to play(during a match).But this is what I get.
The player instructions of all the positions also get mixed up once I make the switch...

Thanks for reading.
Your replies are much appreciated.

Cheers...