Sydney FC Wins A-League title

• Thread starter Aphrika
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K
A

Aphrika

I just wanted to let everyone know that over here in Australia, Sydney FC has claimed the title for the A-League competition with a 1-0 win over Central Coast, in a season ending grand final game. Players that impressed in the game were, Dwight Yorke, David Carney, and Alvin Ceccoli for Sydney and Andre Gumbrecht and Tom Pondeljak for CCM. Young CCM keeper Danny Vukovic is also a player to keep on eye on in the future. Now it's a small wait, and the world cup is here. Australian Football is booming!

It's good to see that Dwight Yorke is still playing well. :)

yes Sean, becase A League is well renound for its diffuclty

Yea, It's quite physically demanding. Yorke did lack a lot of fitness, at the first half of the season, but then excelled. His skills are still there. His going back to england to play for 3 months before the WC.

A League > SPL :p

But like Aphrika said Australian Football is booming.

Sean said:
A League > SPL :p

I knew that was coming.

If you truly belive that you are truly retarded

Diwght Yorke would pwn in the SPL; good to see he's still got it over there. Well done Sydney!

Hey....lay off the A-league. The Scottish premiership might have time and history behind it, but you could replace a few of the SPL teams with a few A-League teams and they would do well. Sydney FC for starters finished 5th at the World Club Championships beating Africas best club Al Ahly (egypt). Queensland Roar have just finished playing in a tournament in S-Korea against their 3 best clubs including DaeGu FC and won 1 and drew 2 games.

Just a curious question. How many Australian players are playing in the UK? I mean EPL and SPL combined. With the A-league taking off so well, a lot of scouts from europe have been here for the last few months, and are taking a keen interest in A-league players. e.g... PSV Eindhoven just took Archie Thompson away from Melbourne. David Carney is been hunted by a few ECC sides.

i wanted mariners to win sentimental favourite although in the end class of sydney came up on top.

You're not a Melbourne fan? Have you played FM with A-league? I must say that if it wasn't for Sydney FC being there i would have been going for CCM. My 3 favourite teams in the A-league came 1,2,3.