Synthetic Pitches

livipunk

Reaction score
Couple of qs about about them on FM:
1. Do players play differently when playing on synthetic pitches compared to how they play on grass?
2. Does weather effect them differently i.e. does the ball run faster when they're wet, etc.?

I was just thinking about how **** games can get in winter, especially in lower leagues, when there is torrential rain and wondered if it would be worth making all pitches in England and Scotland (the only two British leagues I play) synthetic via the editor...

played in the above conditions and on artifical pitches without even realising it - i couldn't see any difference to be honest but i've not really looked for them

played in the above conditions and on artifical pitches without even realising it - i couldn't see any difference to be honest but i've not really looked for them

Same here - didn't notice much of a difference - but I think that players get injured more easily though

There are differences but you'd have to be of a high standard to really be affected by them. Changing the pitches via the editor might help during winter matches (if fm takes the real differences into account.)

There are differences but you'd have to be of a high standard to really be affected by them. Changing the pitches via the editor might help during winter matches (if fm takes the real differences into account.)

high standard? do you mean graphics or team?

The only differences I've seen in FM during play is through weather and even then it's minimal. No idea if synthetic pitches affect play at all, probably has some minor differences but nothing I've noticed.

Synthetic Pitches

Sounds like a good name for a band....

Anyway I cant say I've even thought about them being on FM....

No mate, I meant as a player in real life lol. I'm not really sure how FM treats the pitches though.

haha i seee....

Had an effect on Harry Redknapp Last night :)

ino its different from a profesional but i play on synthetic pitches and i must admit when you change back to grass the ball dosent reach the player, because if its wet on synthetic pitches then the ball moves a hole lot quicker, but one problem with them is when you slide, it hurts

I prefer playing on synthetic pitches too, although I have a few underlying injuries so they take a bit of a beating when I play on plastic pitches for a few weeks in a row.

ino its different from a profesional but i play on synthetic pitches and i must admit when you change back to grass the ball dosent reach the player, because if its wet on synthetic pitches then the ball moves a hole lot quicker, but one problem with them is when you slide, it hurts

my knee's have been scared for two years! i had the great idea at the time of sliding tackling - never again

Because of the challenge to keep natural grass surfaces up to par for equestrian use, a wonderful alternative that continues to be used today is artificial turf. This surface is so ideal for equestrian use because it is engineered to last and requires minimal upkeep in comparison to a natural grass surface. For horse riding sports, strength and maintenance are two significant factors. The benefits are impressive when switching from natural to synthetic grass, especially for equestrianism.

I prefer playing on synthetic pitches too, although I have a few underlying injuries so they take a bit of a beating when I play on plastic pitches for a few weeks in a row.

Knees and ankles?
I play hockey... always have. I can admit Football is a step above. Hockey's on par with Euro Handball.
I play on all surfaces.
Grass preseason comp... mostly drunken, but awesome for hand-eye co-ordination.
Sand/Water/Dry Hybrid during season
26 years after picking up a stick in minkey, only now are my joints starting to complain about hard surface abuse.
And I play wrong, I don't float at all.

Can slide, and easily, it's just a slightly different technique.