bigtukker

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm trying to make a tactic for Juventus, but the main thing I want to reach is to learn from the people on this site. So I made a tactic that does seem logical to me. The tactic I want to use looks like this.

8vTyjHx.png

The plan is to play a patient style of football by creating passing triangles all over the field and waiting for the opponent to make a mistake. At first I wanted to use a 2-3-2-2-1 formation like this, but I lack the wingers to play this:

KdOXIgK.png

I do have LMs and RMs in Asamoah and Romulo so that's why I opted for a flat midfield with a Winger-role so they can venture a little bit more up to create that little depth in our midfield. With a flat midfield I also had to push back my backs to avoid that the backs and wingers are in each others way, but the backs should also go forward more than the center backs to create the connection between the CBs and the CMs.

The reason I wanted to use this tactic is because of the great central midfielders in Juve. Pirlo is injured at the moment, but even without him the central midfield is very strong. Also, I could've gone for two strikers with Tevez and Llorente, but behind them there is little coverage, so an single striker makes more sense at the moment.

The Team Instructions are:

jL7TxEd.png

Player Instructions:

GK (Distributes to Flanks)
DM and CML (Mark Tighter)
ML and MR (Get Further Forward)
ST (Roam From Position/Move into Channels)

So what do you guys think? Suggestions?

Have you actually tried this tactic? Because it'll look nothing like that diagram.

If you want a striker who roams and moves into channels, why have you gone for a poacher? Most of the other roles will give you at least one of the two instructions by default.

Why Get Further Forward on the wide midfielders? Why not just give them an Attack duty?

Why Retain Possession?

Have you actually tried this tactic? Because it'll look nothing like that diagram.

If you want a striker who roams and moves into channels, why have you gone for a poacher? Most of the other roles will give you at least one of the two instructions by default.

Why Get Further Forward on the wide midfielders? Why not just give them an Attack duty?

Why Retain Possession?

I'll try it with the following changes:

* Both WM's become W/a
* Pogba becomes a DLP/s
* Striker becomes a Trequartista (because he has to stay up the field)

Retain Possession is to make sure that possession remains top priority.

If you're going to make changes every time a question is asked, you'll be making a lot of changes. ;)