DoubleR

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is DoubleR and you might know me from my recent tactic testing thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ma-vs-ado-den-haag-[stress-test-tactics].html

I had great fun testing these tactics although what I did notice was that almost all tactics on there seemed to be consistent in that one match.. but when I played further or even replayed the match.. new inconsitencies showed. For example at the top was the 4-2-4 tactic by Chrissy Dude who won 3 times. When I actually wanted to play the match for real (and to actually continue the save)... I could not get it to win.. even when I played it 3 or 4 times in a row.

Challenge
Anyway thats why I stopped testing tactics because, some say it might just be the patch, it is impossible to get any sort of final results. This is also the reason why I am back with this thread which is not so much a tactic testing league but more to see if there is any tactic out there that can win me this match. In other words it is for my personal enjoyment so that I can finally find a tactic that I can continue my save with and that is the tactic that can beat this team. Therefore this thread is more of a tactic challenge (like a challenge in FM), where you have one match (or two) to show your strength.

Scoring
Two matches? But I thought you said one chance? Well the system is going to work like this: when you lose the game you are out, no second chance, that is it. However, if you draw but the match stats were equal or even in favorite for my team I will also replay the match. When you win the game I will replay the match with the same tactic to see if it was just luck or if you are really onto something here. So in short: lose 1 match, draw, 1 match, draw + good match stats, 2 matches, win, 2 matches.

Match Information
About the match: Using nxt5, nxt6 and nxt7 on the previous patch (15.1.4), I won the league with ADO Den Haag (Dutch eredivisie) in my first year with almost no transfers (at least not for money) and where my media prediction was 11th. The next year started of amazing with 6 wins in 6 games (scoring 19 goals, 6 against). However, right before my first champions league game (first ever champions league game for ADO Den Haag), we got the new patch and that is where the problems started. It was an away game against AS Roma, which are obviously much stronger, in the end I did find a tactic to beat them (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...-play-epl-palace-1st-season-no-transfers.html)

Current situation
Now im up in a match AWAY against Chelsea. So far I have tried I think all tactics that are out here at the moment. But lost almost all of them (getting a draw in only 1 or 2 cases). But I feel that there should be one tactic out there that are able to beat them. That is why this match will be used to try to find that one tactic. This also means that this challenge will finish when I find that tactic!

Feel free to suggest tactics for me to test (or your own tactics), but make sure you give a clear link for them (either to download or the forum thread)!

Disclaimer
As I have said: this is not going to be a thread to rank or score tactics. It is primarily used to find a tactic for me so I can finally continue my save but also to give you guys enjoyment to see if there is indeed a tactic that can beat chelsea twice (because that is the result I am looking for).

Last edited:
Since Chelsea got some very fast wingers.. or try Christianeriksen lattest.. its good defensive ( Drop ) tact. its alot more defensive.. my tactic Work if u got skilled passing on mid and decent attack

I lost 5-1 to Chelsea away with my standard Leicester City squad. Don't know how good your squad is at the moment. With my latest version 21 I got this results, even when I was by far the underdog. (Away to Manchester)

View attachment 313517

It's pretty hard to win against much better team away on 15.2.1. 3-3 draw is not bad if you ask me ;)

I lost 5-1 to Chelsea away with my standard Leicester City squad. Don't know how good your squad is at the moment. With my latest version 21 I got this results, even when I was by far the underdog. (Away to Manchester)

View attachment 742362

ChristianEriksen - V21
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html

i'm sorry :p lost 4-0 .. hard to say if my squad is better than standard Leicester City squad.. but I think so

View attachment 313472

Man, many factors are involved to the final result. You can't expect to beat everyone in your second sesason with ADO Den Haag

Thanks for telling everyone how **** my tactic is :) haha

Haha it is not **** actually because it did get me the result in the end :p it was just to show that my tactic testing.. or this game is not consistent at all.. because for the 3 matches I got in a row against AS roma with your tactic.. I also got 3 losses.. (before getting a win again :p).. so in this stage of the game .. it is impossible to show consistency with the way I was testing... your tactic is still one of the best currently available!

Last edited:
Nope, it's *****. I'm not buying the false flattery :)

In all seriousness like threads like these as they encourage folk to do stuff. I have been playing fm/cm for more than 16/17 maybe 18 years.

What have I learned, heehaw. I love it though. Try stuff out folks. Steal what works on here and go create.

I do think the movement on this game is much improved from last years version and greatly improved over all, but it would be good to have a little more consistency built in. I only like playing the full version and getting SO bored of have to play a tactic through friendlies, smashing teams and then get a completely different story when you start the league. I played as Burnley and beat all my friendlies by 4 goals all more, including PSV. Played Real Madrid (including Kroos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo and the rest) and beat them 2-1!!! Then I play Hull first game of the season and lose 1-0. Whats the point? haha

I know you've said its finished but can you try "Follia" - SATOROX, Extinction76 tons of goal please?