Tactic Challenge - Using The Tactic Creator ( TC)

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
The Tactic Challenge

Also feel free to ad me on msn for a 4411 discussion
[email protected]

In this thread, I challenge you all to make a tactic for a middleteam or Underdog,* a Tactic stable enough to overachieve and perhaps event to compete with the top teams of the league. Naturally this is not that hard if using classic mode and tweaking all the sliders with the aim to beat the match engine but here I am talking about constructing a tactic using the pure TC ( Tactic Creator) settings without adding any of the famous exploits, like the corner glitch. I will provide you will a formation that one should use and as time goes on, more suggestions of formations will be given. Also notice that is not a competition about getting the best results but more a thread with the aim to get a really good discussion about how to use the TC and how to use Shouts and changes roles and duties as a response to the coming game etc.

Below you will find the rules.

• No Classic mode
  • The only settings that can be tweaked away from the chosen TC settings are the WIDE PLAY and the MARKING ( loose, tight, zonal, man)
  • Use only the preset Set Pieces routine( regarding Attacking Set pieces )
  • Use only the provided formation
With this said, you can NOT manually change the other team/players instruction sliders,

When presenting your results and ideas, please do so in depth. Provide information about the following

• Upload of the actual tactic
  • Screens of the Tactic and the player roles
  • Screens of any tweaks made to the wide play, marking
  • Info about Shouts ( when and why)
  • Info about change of roles/duties and Strategy ( when and why)

Now, the first formation out is…..
(never mind the roles here, you have to put in something)

Reasoning behind choice of formation

Well, its one of the formations that holds no unfair advantages in this Match Engine. There are no AMR/L that stays forward behind the opponents fullbacks, no 3 FCs and there is the possiblity of the opponent getting behind our midfield to exploit the gap to drag our DCs out of position. In short, its not a formation that you can just pluig & play with. You simply need to respond to what you see on the field, especially when playing as a middleteam, faing a variaty of teams and playing styles

4411.png

* NOT Man U, Spurs etc, but a team that is actually doomed for middtable obscurity or regelation

Last edited:
I am first out. I am going to start with a team that I have never played with properly in FM12, namely Wolves.
As the team really is an underdog and lacks in defence, I am going to chose the shortest of pitches to make sure we close out the gap between our defence and midfield as well as being able to play more compact in attack.

Last edited:
sounds very intersting, I'll give it a go, can we change team instructions???

sounds very intersting, I'll give it a go, can we change team instructions???

No, as in the rules, you can only change the wide play and marking style or the players. Otherwise, Its not a Tactic Creatyor Tactic :D

Wolves

We are an underdog, hence teams will play more attacking against us. Here, we use a Ridig Counter approach. We will mainly play a more direct game to get the ball in behind the opponents fullbacks and for our single FC to hold on to the ball. As we sit rather deep by default, we use a high pressing game so that we dont invite too much pressure. As we do this, we also use zonal marking to balance things up a bit. We dont want to play man marking when we play narrow( in attack as the WIDTH setting affect the attacking movement but inderectly is doesn effect the defending as well) and compat would we.. that would be us just getting dragged out of position.

As we only use one player in the front attacking position, its important that he is on support and that the AMC is on attack. This way, we have one player moving out wide and drag the oppositions defence apart whilst the ANC acts like a false 10. The wingers will also be set on attack but in really hard games, they might be on Defensive wingers in defend

I Will use one ballwinner and one Central MId or Box2Box. In matches where we are the favourite, the ballwinner might be on support along with a higher d-line ( using control etc)

44112.png

Wolves

part 2:

44113.png

My Standard strategy using retain shouts when wanting to cool things down a bit ( not possession as such)

Last edited:
PL or any league like Serie A??

You stay classy......

PL or any league like Serie A??

You stay classy......

The more variety of leagues, the better :D After all ,the approach that suits playing in poor conditions in Norway might not be the same that gets you results in Spain or in nations where teams lineup 343 more frequently than in France etc.

No, as in the rules, you can only change the wide play and marking style or the players. Otherwise, Its not a Tactic Creatyor Tactic :D

Sorry bit confused, we CAN'T change anything in the team instructions? Like we can't change our passing style or creative freedom? So basically, the options we're allowed to change are the player roles, their wide play and marking?

Also, would Stoke be an acceptable team to use for this challenge?

Wolves

Part 3:

IN matches where I am a heavy underdog and want to use a quick FC that plays on ths shoulder of the defenecm, I am more likely to use a poacher than a holding complete FC/ Deep FC on support

Sorry bit confused, we CAN'T change anything in the team instructions? Like we can't change our passing style or creative freedom? So basically, the options we're allowed to change are the player roles, their wide play and marking?

Also, would Stoke be an acceptable team to use for this challenge?

You use the TC and its settings. If you want to press more and rasie the d-line, then change to press more, if you want to play wider, quicker and more direct you change the passing of the team to more direct. What you cant tweak is single sliders.

In short, you us the TC like the AI does, not tweaking sliders to beat the Match Engine

Stoke sound like a good team

Last edited:
You use the TC and its settings. If you want to press more and rasie the d-line, then change to press more, if you want to play wider, quicker and more direct you change the passing of the team to more direct. What you cant tweak is single sliders.

Stoke sound like a good team

Ok cheers for clearing that up :) I'll give this a go and see if I have any success.

Ok cheers for clearing that up :) I'll give this a go and see if I have any success.

Looking forward to seing your reasoning with Stoke as they have many different strikertypes. Using the strength of Crouch calls ofr a different approach than using a quick poacher etc.

Norwich City

instead of Wigan I decided to go for Norwich, With Norwich the team is predicted 16th (LFC Marshall's Summer Updates)
With this team i was looking to give my team Freedom and look for Holt up front, I played with a poacher and Advanced Playermaker to feed throw balls to Holt with winger Push up and send in cross, I went with Fluid and a counter attacking game, due to us being underdogs we will be attacked lots. I use 1 BWM and A DLP. And Defence wont look to push up much. (Sorry not a very good writer)

View attachment 261028

Id be keen to give this a crack with Getafe, they are predicted to come 10th if thats not to much on the higher end of middle clubs?

I am going to give this a go. Expect nothing but failure.

I like this idea of tactic challenges. Then maybe I can look into creating a tactic challenge for people. Maybe it has to be a Sam Allardyce's "lob & run" style. First I want to create a Brendan Rodgers style tactic with Liverpool after LFCMarshall's update.

I'm going to try this. I'm pretty bad though so I'll probably get relegated.

I also agree that tactic challenges are a good idea, something a bit different.

Back