Tactic Challenge - Using The Tactic Creator ( TC)

The_One Tactic entry

Team:
Levante

Reasons:
- Media Prediction 18th
- Koné is perfect fast target man

League Table
Tactic
Results

Record

Madrid Game
Rayo Game

Obviously I've had some good results with this. A lot of draws, but to be unbeaten for so long with a team who are predicted to go down is something.

For those concerned with the transfers, I've uploaded a screenshot of them below.

I've also added my shouts that I use from the start of a match (standard) then if i'm trying to hold onto a lead or a draw on 70-75mins (hold)

Transfers
Standard
Hold

Would like to thank TBH for this thread idea, it has been fun having a go at it!

Apologies if I've misunderstood any rules with regards to restrictions

And last but not least, the tactic..

DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy!

I might have a go tomorrow. I think I might manage Swansea, Southampton or Reading(using LFC's update).

Apologies if I've misunderstood any rules with regards to restrictions

And last but not least, the tactic..

DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy!

Well, a little. You have tweaked the Tactic so it uses a Poacher and not a Target Man ( the role, not the playertype) as a Target man set to run on to ball, something that has a huge advantage in this Match engine and is something that the AI cannot do. Also, the Focus play should not be tweaked unless using shouts to switch it. Anyway, I really good strart to the season

Well, a little. You have tweaked the Tactic so it uses a Poacher and not a Target Man ( the role, not the playertype) as a Target man set to run on to ball, something that has a huge advantage in this Match engine and is something that the AI cannot do. Also, the Focus play should not be tweaked unless using shouts to switch it. Anyway, I really good strart to the season

Ahh right, figured cos it was nothing to do with the individual sliders it'd be cool.

Just wanted to make sure my team wasn't playing direct aerial football to a 5ft 6 striker!

Will know for the next challenge :)

I'm a bit confused, I don't get what options we can tweak in the PI anything but closing down? Marking and Wide play settings only? Can we change passing length?

I'm a bit confused, I don't get what options we can tweak in the PI anything but closing down? Marking and Wide play settings only? Can we change passing length?

Its not that hard. You use the TC without tweaking settings and sliders in à way that the AI can not. This with the exceptions Of Wide play and Marking( Zonal, Man, Tight, Loose). Here, you can tick these boxes and change the settings manually.

This probably won't work for me then as if I make my own tactic, it's always a disaster unless I tweak passing length and in some cases mentality. I quite often also change crossing and through ball settings.

Question - How do you know what the AI can and cannot do via the TC?

Hopefully I did this right. Didn't edit anything outside of the TC.

5A16A66D98D7DA99A5A65465C4F303DACD7FA0AE

Decided to go with a direct high pressing style in the vein of Sam Allardyce. Granted it's not the 4-5-1, so it's a tad different, but that's the gist of it. Starting strategy will differ from Counter to Standard depending on away/home/competition.

Shouts: (to be applied at the start of the match)

- Get stuck in
- Work ball into box
- Get ball forward
- Hassle opponents

Basically, just wanted to emphasize the high pressing further by hassling and getting stuck in. Trying to play a physical brand of football. And of course getting the ball forward goes hand-in-hand with playing direct.

I think that's all the requested info.

Can't we choose the target man supply? I'm not using run on the ball OP stuff I'm getting the whole team to smash it to Crouch's head, isn't that acceptable or will I have to live with him being made to run onto through balls with his 6'7" lankiness on the 'mixed' option?

Question - How do you know what the AI can and cannot do via the TC?

Because the AI dont manually tweak sliders, they use the TC and its shouts ( not all shouts either actually), just like we are to do here in this thread

Last edited:
Morning TBH,

Having only just purchased the game a week ago I think I'm going to give this challenge a go. I think I'll use Swansea as they have quite a good team to set up for a 4-4-1-1. As soon as I've loaded up the game I'll post my initial tactical set up. I'm a veteran in terms of FM but I'm not used to FM12 yet so this should be interesting.

Can't we choose the target man supply? I'm not using run on the ball OP stuff I'm getting the whole team to smash it to Crouch's head, isn't that acceptable or will I have to live with him being made to run onto through balls with his 6'7" lankiness on the 'mixed' option?
I think since it's in Team Instructions as a menu it's acceptable to send the ball to a technical players feet or to a tall strikers head but I'm not sure.

Sure, change that. As long as you use him in the role Of à target man. One hint though, the mixed setting is actually better, much better as these " run onto ball" is just balls played into free space and not balls over the rop Of the defence for him to run onto

Sure, change that. As long as you use him in the role Of à target man. One hint though, the mixed setting is actually better, much better as these " run onto ball" is just balls played into free space and not balls over the rop Of the defence for him to run onto

Right I'll test it out, thanks.

I made a couple tweaks to the back line on mine. Both center backs are set on LD-D, and both FBs were tweaked from automatic to defend as well. Other than that, no changes.

Because the AI dont manually tweak sliders, they use the TC and its shouts ( not all shouts either actually), just like we are to do here in this thread

I understand that is what it is assumed they do, but is this a known fact have SI said that the AI teams only ever use the TC engine and shouts?

I understand that is what it is assumed they do, but is this a known fact have SI said that the AI teams only ever use the TC engine and shouts?

Well, they have said that they use the TC and the shouts. I have then assumed that they cant tweak single team instruction sliders as then they would not be able to actually use the shouts.

Back