chuffy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered what peoples preferences are towards tactics with away games? Do you have a home tactic and an away tactic? If so are the formations different or just the mentality?
The reason I ask is because in fm09 (didn't get fm10) I played the same formation for away games but I played with a counter attacking mentality and it was really successful. But so far in this edition I've found that I have more success from sticking to one tactic and mentality for both home and away games.
Just wondered if anyone else does this or do you all have separate tactics for away games?

Also if anyone would like to suggest a possible away tactic that could be helpful? I can post my team but can't do screenshots cos I'm using my phone.

Cheers.

i hve 2 complete different tatics don;t no why but it seems to work i hve a 4-2-2-2 for home games and a 4-1-2-1-2 for away games

i tend to play some variation of 4-4-2 or a random formation at home
for away i usually go for 4-5-1 type formations.
but if im a big club i use the away tactic for big teams eg barca chelsea etc and home tactic for all others

How's ur 4-2-2-2 set up? 2cm's, 2 wingers and 2 strikers?

Nah it's 2 CM's -Deep Laying 2 AMC-Trequartista 2 strikers

For my home games I play an attacking 4-2-3-1 with more fluidity and creativity at a quick pace and wide width and my def line pushing up.
For away games I've tried reducing fluidity and creativity and set mentality to counter but it just feels like my team never plays well, even if I win! :)
I had a little success with a 4-3-2-1 with 3cms and 2amcs playing narrow pass and move possession football but as I'm playing as ipswich my players are struggling (lack of good anticipation, off the ball and team work stats)

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

(to mvp93) I've thought about trying to sort a tactic like that, played narrow I take it? How well does it work? Especially if playing a team that likes to play on the wings?

it's quite effective i won 5 on the bounce with it but your AMC's have to be quite good, yh i play narrow it kind of makes the formation more defensivly stable and it stops the wingers from having a real effect on the game

I might have to give something like that a try because I don't really like playing with wingers and prefer to play through the middle. Im gonna try and develop my 4-3-2-1 into a workable tactic for home and away games in the pre-season but ideally I'd like to play with 2 strikers and so far my attemots at 4-3-1-2 have failed, not really given it enough time/tweaking tho tbh.
What team instructions do you use?