Tactic changes - Beta to Full FM15

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Seen a few people complaining about importing tactics from the beta into the full game.

The file extensions have changed due to the activation of the Steam Workshop. The .tac files will now no longer show up when imported and what you need to download are the .fmf files.

When you want to share a tactic, you should click the Tactic on the Tactics screen, then click 'Save' - don't use Manage Tactics -> Export. That gives you the preferred .fmf file - and the option to upload to steam workshop, or 'Save' - which saves it in your tactics folder as the fmf file.

If you do download a .tac file then copy the file and place it in your "Tactics" folder in your Sports Interactive folder in your documents. Once you have done that you should be able to see the tactic in the "Archived Tactics" drop down menu on the tactics screen.

I presume you need to fully exit the game and reload it for them to show up as .tac?

I presume you need to fully exit the game and reload it for them to show up as .tac?

Nope. Just exit the tactic screen and then return to it and it should refresh the list. :)

I tried to change the .tac files in my thread with the .fmf files and the site attachment manager says it is an invalid file type

I tried to change the .tac files in my thread with the .fmf files and the site attachment manager says it is an invalid file type

I'll talk to Sean about it. For now keep the .tac file uploaded and let people know how to use it (can show them this thread). Otherwise you could host it on the steam workshop and link it here if you like. :)

.FMF files should now work when you try and attach them to posts. :)

anyone know where the tactics in the steam folder are located? they were usually in the steam game folder but now the folder is empty?

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics I think. I haven't saved/exported any tactics yet so my tactics folder is empty, but it's there.

i downloaded a .fmf file, put it in my tactics folder, and it won't show up? it's the only thing the tactic uploaded put to download so i don't get it

The FMF tactics don't show in my tactics screen but the TAC ones do. Is there a way around this to make them show

Thats all good but the .fmf files dont show up in the game only the .tac files!! so what everyone would like to know is how do you put them in to the game????

Seen a few people complaining about importing tactics from the beta into the full game.

The file extensions have changed due to the activation of the Steam Workshop. The .tac files will now no longer show up when imported and what you need to download are the .fmf files.

When you want to share a tactic, you should click the Tactic on the Tactics screen, then click 'Save' - don't use Manage Tactics -> Export. That gives you the preferred .fmf file - and the option to upload to steam workshop, or 'Save' - which saves it in your tactics folder as the fmf file.

If you do download a .tac file then copy the file and place it in your "Tactics" folder in your Sports Interactive folder in your documents. Once you have done that you should be able to see the tactic in the "Archived Tactics" drop down menu on the tactics screen.

The tactics I've downloaded I never used in the beta. It seems all the tactics from Steam are in "FMF" format

Just to reiterate what the other users are saying, on the full version of the game .fmf tactics do not show in my archived tactics. only .tac ones do. What do we need to do?

Just to reiterate what the other users are saying, on the full version of the game .fmf tactics do not show in my archived tactics. only .tac ones do. What do we need to do?

I am having the same problem. Tactics file that have .tac are working, but the new versions after the release all have .fmf extention and these don't show up under archived tactics anymore. Any solutions?

I am having the same problem. Tactics file that have .tac are working, but the new versions after the release all have .fmf extention and these don't show up under archived tactics anymore. Any solutions?

You need to import .fmf files into your game :)

.TAC files still work perfectly fine on their own if you just put them in \Users\YourWindowsAccount\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics\ - they show up just as before in the "Archived tactics" menu.

Also if you save a tactic in game, and then go to the manage tactics menu and export it it will give you a .TAC file, so I'm not sure why we have to deal with these .FMF files at all. The only way I can find to create a .FMF is if you export it to the workshop, and frankly I don't see the point in going that route on a forum when .TAC files still work perfectly fine.

That said. If you download a .FMF file and don't know how to get it into the game:

1. On the tactics menu choose "Manage Tactics..."
2. Click "Import"
3. Find the .FMF file where ever you put it on your computer.
4. Load it and it will now show in the menu as before.

BUT, It will not show up in the Archived Tactics part. If you want it to you have to go to Manage Tactics once more and use the "Export" option to save it as a .TAC file.

Really don't see why they made this change ... :S

.TAC files still work perfectly fine on their own if you just put them in \Users\YourWindowsAccount\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics\ - they show up just as before in the "Archived tactics" menu.

Also if you save a tactic in game, and then go to the manage tactics menu and export it it will give you a .TAC file, so I'm not sure why we have to deal with these .FMF files at all. The only way I can find to create a .FMF is if you export it to the workshop, and frankly I don't see the point in going that route on a forum when .TAC files still work perfectly fine.

That said. If you download a .FMF file and don't know how to get it into the game:

1. On the tactics menu choose "Manage Tactics..."
2. Click "Import"
3. Find the .FMF file where ever you put it on your computer.
4. Load it and it will now show in the menu as before.

BUT, It will not show up in the Archived Tactics part. If you want it to you have to go to Manage Tactics once more and use the "Export" option to save it as a .TAC file.

Really don't see why they made this change ... :S

I just had a go at that, and nothing show's up in the folder where the .fmf is saved.... wierd!