fabregas2

Reaction score
I've always used classic tactics because they work the best for me but can I simply create a tactic using the wizard and expect to achieve success without tweaking any of the sliders? For Home and away matches? I've got a good team as well so it's not like asking to dominate with Blackburn or something

can I simply create a tactic using the wizard and expect to achieve success without tweaking any of the sliders?

Imho...No...unless you apply the touchline shouts exactly on the right moment and use 2-3 tactics during the match and change from mentality and/or philosophy.

The wizard provides your tactic with basic settings for the player specific instructions and in my experience there are some contra-productive settings in that.

For example, if you want your whole team to play short passes then your attacking half should be set to a defensive mentality, but with this setting you defensive half will play direct/long balls more often.

To get your defensive half to play short passes they should be set on an attacking mentality, but with this setting your attacking half will play direct/long balls more often.

When you switch from mentality this as well will/can change your settings for free kicks, throw-ins and/or corners.

The tactic creator is a nice tool to get your basic tactical set up and to get the best out of your players it is advisable to tweak the position settings where you can instruct the player to decrease actions in which he is weak...for example if a full back has poor crossing but is set as attacking full back it is advisable to instruct that player to cross rarely to prevent wastefull crosses.

But this is my opinion, others might disagree with me here.

If playing with top teams, then I would say no as when wanting to play really wide, the tempo and passing is linked with this and needs to be high and the passing would need to be set to direct. If wanting to hazzle, the marking system need to be tweaked etc etc.

With underdogs, the TC-settings are Pretty good playing narrow and on the counter, especially in wingless formations but this is à result Of this approach being favoured in this ME( down to the AI struggling with their "topteam tactics"

But the biggest difference is that apart from the 3FC formations, the untweaked TC-settings offers no options to abuse the ME, something that is easily done when tweaking sliders.

Last edited:
If playing with top teams, then I would say no as when wanting to play really wide, the tempo and passing is linked with this and needs to be high and the passing would need to be set to direct. If wanting to hazzle, the marking system need to be tweaked etc etc.

With underdogs, the TC-settings are Pretty good playing narrow and on the counter, especially in wingless formations but this is à result Of this approach being favoured in this ME( down to the AI struggling with their "topteam tactics"

But the biggest difference is that apart from the 3FC formations, the untweaked TC-settings offers no options to abuse the ME, something that is easily done when tweaking sliders.

I created a TC tactic (not 3 FC) with only changing strategies during the match (no shouts) and so far played 19 games in all competitions and i've won all except one which i drew. Is this luck or just down to my team?

And What sliders abuse the ME?

Last edited: