Tactic Familiarity Levels Not Increasing

balt03

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Desperate for some help here.

I've started a Level 9 save and seem to be having trouble with the Tactic Familiarity levels. I'm almost 20 games into the season and the levels are as follows:-

Formation 14
Mentality 1
Passing 1
Creative Freedom 1
Closing Down 1
Marking 11
Tempo 24
Width 19

I've tried all sorts of combinations such as having General Training set to tactics (very high), I've also kept Match Training as Tactics only.

The Scheduling slider is greyed out and is therefore stuck on 'less match training' so I can't influence that.

I've not made more than a couple of minor changes to my custom made 4-5-1 tactic so i don't understand the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think progress gets capped (or at least definitely slown down) if a club isn't professional and if training facilities are low enough.

Can understand that to a degree, but to have 4 attributes still on 1?????

I did not know tactic familiarity could be capped is that true? if so on what basis?

Generall training set to Tactis has nothing to do with your approach ( it's the stats like anticipation etc). Have you tried to click the greyed out slider in match training ? Also, making small changes to the passing, creative freedom etc will effect it.

Last edited:
As I stated in my original post the slider is greyed out and I cannot adjust it. I am therefore stuck at 0% match preparation. Anyone care to explain why or how I can increase my tactic familiarity levels?????????????

As I stated in my original post the slider is greyed out and I cannot adjust it. I am therefore stuck at 0% match preparation. Anyone care to explain why or how I can increase my tactic familiarity levels?????????????

This seems like a bug. Never seen this before.
Go in to your teams home screen and go to information then click on fasilities and see how your training ground and fasilities are?

EDIT: after googling around abit I cant seem to find anything. Its problably a bug and a very rare one apperantly

Last edited:
Isn't it greyed out because your Assistant Manager is running the match preparation for you?

No, the Assistant Manager is not doing match preparation.

I can't upload it as it says its too big (approx 60mb).
Sorry, I meant upload it to a free hosting site and then provide the link here.
( if you don't know any, just google " free hosting ".

If your club is non-professional and your players are part time then I believe you can't adjust match training. In fact I'm pretty sure that on the training screen, on the day before matches, it says "part time".

Setting your general training to very high will not help at all because that will taken even more time away from your already limited match training. I believe that setting match training to Tactics Only and setting general training to a lower setting (possibly Team Cohesion might help but I'm not certain) and playing games using the same tactic will help.

I have looked at it now and its like mentioned above, because you have amateur players without any payment. Here, they only train about 2 times a week meaning that there wont be any time at all to actually do the match training since it would reduce their normal training to such a low level that they would become to unfit to to play football at all :D