marius09

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm playing Preston in Championship. I'm trying to find good tactic for this level of competition. Of course before write message I have tried a few tactics from forum but none working well :(. Maybe some us have experience in this arrea and can advice me which tactic should be optimize ?

The nearest to ideal is 4231 PLUG AND PLAY - DYBALA 70 GOALS / SEASON but very often i lost stupid goals too often (los in attack and counter).

I started my first save in FM17 with Wolves and I ended up winning championship within first season with simple possession-based 4-3-1-2, but I'd call it more of a 4-3-3 narrow. But I used also 4-2-4 and I kept tweaking along the way aswell based on opposition formation (due to me wanting to take advantage of their weaknesses and me being able to pressurise them and retain possession).

Most Championship sides will just play fast paced counter-attackish football as far as I noticed, just try to prevent them having counter attacks (crosses are deadly) and then follow it either with controlling the game style or fast paced attacking / counter-attacking of your own. But I recommend you to experiment and find your own tactic instead of downloading someone elses. Accept that your gona lose some games, build your own from the basics. Fix one problem at a time and shape the tactic to the form you want it to be and to how you want your team to play football.