A idan

Reaction score
Anyone got any tactics I could use for my Doncaster team.

Just been promoted to the Championship and have been conceding a lot of goals, while also scoring a lot of them as well.

My manager promise is that I play attacking football so therefore I need one with a balance between the two if I'm being honest. Any suggestions or links would be great.

Cheers lads.

How do you intend to manage in your save ? Do you prefer a plug & play tactic where you look at the results " as a whole" rather than a specific result or do you want an approach where you use shouts and change the strategy accordingly to what you see on the pitch?

How do you intend to manage in your save ? Do you prefer a plug & play tactic where you look at the results " as a whole" rather than a specific result or do you want an approach where you use shouts and change the strategy accordingly to what you see on the pitch?

I usually keep my tactic the same, but change the shouts depending on who the opposition is. For lower teams I'll use things such as get ball forward whereas I'll use defensive shouts against the bigger teams.

I'm using this tactic at the moment and just kept a clean sheet, but a few tweaks wouldn't do any harm. View attachment 302166

I usually keep my tactic the same, but change the shouts depending on who the opposition is. For lower teams I'll use things such as get ball forward whereas I'll use defensive shouts against the bigger teams.

I'm using this tactic at the moment and just kept a clean sheet, but a few tweaks wouldn't do any harm. View attachment 302166

By looking at the screens, I would say you have got the formation spot on regarding matching the style of play. You are playing attacking, hence using an attakcing formation is the way to go. If or when you get succes and teams starts to play more cautious against, you might need to slow things down and try to stretch their defence. Here, a deeper formation might be needed. Also be prepared for getting slaughtered if your opponents ahve a better day and try to hit you on the counter.

D-line: Be prepared to raise it if you see that the opponent gets too much space in the hole
Shouts: When using shouts, dont forget that they wont have any effect of the tweaked sliders such as tempo, line of defence etc

Last edited:
By looking at the screens, I would say you have got the formation spot on regarding matching the style of play. You are playing attacking, hence using an attakcing formation is the way to go. If or when you get succes and teams starts to play more cautious against, you might need to slow things down and try to stretch their defence. Here, a deeper formation might be needed. Also be prepared for getting slaughtered if your opponents ahve a better day and try to hit you on the counter.

D-line: Be prepared to raise it if you see that the opponent gets too much space in the hole
Shouts: When using shouts, dont forget that they wont have any effect of the tweaked sliders such as tempo, line of defence etc

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated.

Since I've added the BWM I've won my last three games, only conceding one goal which was a tap in from a save by my GK.