Konflict

Reaction score
Hi, i'm building up a team for Arsenal with wonderkids that will eventually take over from the current first team. So far I have bought:
Raphael Varane
Phil Jones
Serge Aurier
Yann M'Vila
Eden Hazard
Khouma Babacar

These, along with Szcesny, Gibbs, Ramsey and Wilshere, will eventually replace the first team.

But, I have one more space in the lineup, and i'm unsure whether I should get either:
A Striker (I have Pato, Neymar, Muniain, or Abel Hernandez in mind)
A Attacking Midfielder (I'm thinking Paulo Henrique for the creator/advanced playmaker role, or Javier Pastore, Coutinho or Douglas Costa for the attacking midfielder role.
A Centre mid (If i get a centre mid, it will likely be a athletic player who can do a bit of everything, the athletic players I have in mid are: Jack Rodwell or Moussa Sissoko. If I decide to get a passer or a creator, i'm thinking about buying Andrea Poli.

The formations I'm currently thinking about are:
4-2-2-2 (Two Strikers)
4-2-3-1 (A extra attacking midfielder)
4-3-2-1 (A extra central midfielder)
4-1-2-2-1 (With M'Vila playing deeper)
4-1-1-2-2 (With two strikers, and M'Vila playing deeper.)

I'm open to any suggestions on players, tactics formations or anything related. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added 06/08/2011 at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 04/08/2011 at 04:34 PM ----------

bump

I purchased Sissoko, as I couldnt let man city get him. Paulo Henrique's gone to Shakter on my save. Pastore demands a lot of wages.

But wouldn't Neymar play better in his forward position? Khouma Babacar is a brilliant player, and he can lead the line himself as he's strong, good in the air and quick. I may use your 4-2-3-1 formation, and use Fabregas and Sissoko, while using M'Vila as backup for Sissoko. But I would prefer to get them both in, as M'Vila is very good in a deep position and i like having that deep midfielder who can set up counter attacking opportunities.

My Views,

If 4-2-3-1

GK: szcesny
LB:Gibbs
CB:Raphael Varane
CB: Phil Jones
RB: Serge Aurier
CM (Box 2 box): Ramsey***
CM (Ball wining/support) : Yann M'Vila****
AML: Eden Hazard*
AMC: Wilshere***
AMR: Neymar*
STC: Khouma Babacar/Muniain**

Notes:
*can swap places.
**not worth getting pato/abel cuz it costly, like 30m+ , despite they both are real good players.
***choose between pasotre or ganso (paulo henrique). ganso excels higher tbh, but might cost more (if bought late) than pastore that can play the same lvl. i have had experience with pastore and will work best at AMC.
****both rodwell and sissoko are good, together with poli. i reckon rodwell cuz it will save ur *** in registration (HG status), and is cheaper (i got him for 14m)

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

too back up ramsey get mateo kovacic.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh, btw, I'm planning on a narrow 4-2-3-1 - not the one with wingers but the formation with three attacking midfielders. I am also considering using 4-1-2-1-2 - so I can have two strikers if i want, have Ramsey and Sissoko and Yann M'Vila, along with Hazard. 4-1-2-2-1 (with one striker and two attacking midfielders. So i can play whilshere along side Hazard) hasn't worked well for me in matches - but 4-2-3-1 does.

Do you think it would be worth retraining Yann M'Vila to a Centre Mid? This way, he'll be natural. If I play him in centre mid right now (accomplished centre mid) he is only 2.5 stars. He has four star potential as a defensive midfielder. Should I retrain Neymar to make him natural playing in AMR/AML? And what about if i retrain Ramsey to AMC so i don't need to buy Pastore or Ganso (unfortuantly, Ganso has gone to Shakter Donesk on my save, i'll probably still try and bid for him if you guys highly recommend it.( I'm probably going to use Ramsey as backup, as i don't think he'll ever reach his mammoth PA (my Ramsey has a PA of 196 - 1 point below Messi) and use Sissoko and M'Vila - much like the Silva/Viera combo of Arsenal's invincibles.

i though yann is accomplished at CM. he is natural at DM.

He is natural at dm, and accomplished at cm. My coaches say that he is only two stars with potential of 3 stars at cm, and that he is only a good signing for premier league sides. Whereas, as a dm he is currently 3.5 stars with potential of 4 stars and is a leading defensive midfielder for the premier league.

So if i retrain him to a CM, he'll become as good there as DM?

---------- Post added 10/08/2011 at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 08/08/2011 at 02:35 PM ----------

I've found a good formation for me!

I'm playing 4-3-2-1 with three centre mids instead of the two wingers and one centre mid.

I have Moussa Sissoko on the left side playing in a box to box role. I have Fabregas (or Ramsey) in the centre as a Advanced Playmaker with the support role. On the right hand side, I have Yann M'Vila as a ball winning midfielder with a defend duty. In the future I may look to bring Yann M'Vila deeper behind Sissoko and Fabregas, but right now it's working well for me (playing nice football, scoring goals, and keeping possession ok.)
For the attacking midfielder roles, I have Eden Hazard on the right side, and Samir Nasri on the Right side (I sometimes switch Nasri with wilshere.) I have Hazard playing as a Inside forward with the attack duty, and I have nasri playing as a attacking midfielder with the attack duty. On advanced player instructions, I have told them to switch positions with eachother. It works really well and seems to confuse the opposition since Hazard has much greater pace than Nasri.
As a forward, I have Van Persie playing as a Advanced Forward, but it depends on the person playing. e.g Babacar = Complete Forward Attack Duty, Walcott = Poacher, Chamackh = Target Man attack duty.

So far, along with the tactics I've prepared for it, it's working really well! I would preferably like to keep more possession though. Right now, I often have 49% to 56% average possession. Depends if im home or not.