Pc80

Reaction score
Hi, i always used 4-5-1 as my main tactic, but after a time, i changed my tactic to 4-2-3-1, because it was the one that fit in my dream team, but that tactic left my defense very opened and i has obligated to change it, i change it to 4-2-2-2, 2 central-defenders, 2 wings, 2 midfielders, 2 advanced-midfielders and 2 strikers, but again, the defense was weak, can someone give me a tactic that fits with my team, an balanced one please?

Where's my team

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas

Wingers

David Alaba
Marcelo
Cesar Azpilicueta
Dani Carvajal

Defenders

Sergio Ramos
Phil Jones
Holger Badstuber
Raphael Varane

Midfielders

Luka Modric
Xabi Alonso
Sami Khedira
Isco

Advanced-Midfielders

Gareth Bale
Mesut Ozil
Mario Gotze
Juan Mata

Strikers

Cristiano Ronaldo
Robert Lewandoski
Gonzalo Higuain
Alvaro Morata

Sorry for the bad english...

Last edited:

If wanting to use a 4231, i would probably start with the following setup.

View attachment 368568View attachment 368569

These strategies will allow you to lauch quick attacks when the options is on, to sit deeper and have possesion, play possession football stretching their defence, play more direct and attacking down the flanks, use the middle etc, all depending on what shouts you use.

Shouts:

Counter strategy

If wanting to keep the ball and draw the opponenst on to you, then why not use retain possession and fass to feet
If wanting to play more attacking and be all over the place, then I would use Get ball forward and hassle

Standard

If wanting to play patient and stretch their defence, then I would use Overlaps, pass to feet, play wider
If wanting to play more agressive, then use Pass into space, hassle, exploit flanks

If wanting to play more cautious, then let the FBs stay back, pass to feet, play more narrow

The Roles

W
hen looking at your team, you seem to have many similair players so you have to leave some of them out. You simply wont be able to fit them all into your approach. For instance, you have an unbalance between right and left wingers and perhaps lack one more defensive DMC/MC.

Here, I have simply looked at the more important players of your team, like Ronaldo at the left, the AMC and most importantl, the 2 core players being the DMC/MCs.

You should use the Mourinho Magical Madrid one. I had fenomenal results with that tactic when I was playing with Real.