ElJefe

Reaction score
I'm in my first pre-season as Roma and I'm really struggling.

Roma have got a team with great potential, but this is the first time I've managed it Italy and it's usually a lot more defensive orientated than I'm used to.

I usually go for a fluid style of play, dominating possession, building from the back etc. but I realise this is much more difficult in Italy, where teams are much better defensively.

I've always tried to play 3 at the back, I feel it allows me to build out well. So I'd like to do it at Roma. Also due to the amount of attacking midfielders (Pjanic, Lamela, Florenzi) I'd like to have someone in that position.

So they're the only requirements, 3 centre backs, someone in the "10" role. Also I'd prefer to have 2 strikers but it's not as important as the other 2.

Has anyone got a tactic to recommend?

How can you be struggling if you are in your first pre-season? Just hang in there and get to play some real matches.

Getting beat scores like 6-1 is always struggling

In my previous Juventus save I went unbeaten the whole season using Nezza's 3-2-3-2 superb.

I would recommend using that. Also like TBH said you've only played a few games and it takes the team time to get used to tactics so you cannot expect instant results.