houghtie14

Reaction score
Hi guys

just a small thread for anyone who would like to test a tactic i am working on

got some brilliant results with Aston Villa and Real Madrid

any advice on fine tunning it would be greatly appreciated

tactic is attached it's a 4-1-3-2

***UPDATE***

i have edited the tactic changing the two cb's to cover meaning they dropper slightly deeper hopefully giving more defensive stability

Last edited:
Any specifics on how you want it tested, or where?

this looks a bit like my 4-1-3-2 ka-blam tactic which i never bothered uploading lol

should be a good un. what are your player roles

Any specifics on how you want it tested, or where?

anyone except Real Madrid, Aston Villa and Celano

I'm looking mainly at how the defence performs because i seem to be finding that in some games they get caught on the break and some not nearly as much?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

this looks a bit like my 4-1-3-2 ka-blam tactic which i never bothered uploading lol

should be a good un. what are your player roles

ah cool i really like it works a storm upfront beat Fulham 7-0, a.c. 3-1 and Liverpool 5-2 (sorry for the last one :p) but im lacking somewhat in defence any advice you can give would be a great help too

lower league testing, like championship, league one?

or would you prefer top divisions in different countries

lower league testing, like championship, league one?

or would you prefer top divisions in different countries

lower league probably because i have used a few teams from top division
cheers mate

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

anyone except Real Madrid, Aston Villa and Celano

I'm looking mainly at how the defence performs because i seem to be finding that in some games they get caught on the break and some not nearly as much?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

ah cool i really like it works a storm upfront beat Fulham 7-0, a.c. 3-1 and Liverpool 5-2 (sorry for the last one :p) but im lacking somewhat in defence any advice you can give would be a great help too

my player roles are:
LB and RB are fullbacks Support
CB's are central defender on Defend
DM is deep lying playmaker Support
AMR and AML are both inside forwards Attack
AMC is advanced playmaker Attack
both ST's are complete forwards Attack

I will give it a go on my norwich City team who also play in the Premiership i play about 6 matches and let u know how we go!

I will give it a go on my norwich City team who also play in the Premiership i play about 6 matches and let u know how we go!

cheers mate hope it works for you

any advice on changes would be greatly appreciated

Am with Crawley town i want to test this so thumbs up al send you a pm after 5 games.

Ill give it a bash later mate and let you know how it goes. In work till 6 so wont get a chance until later.

I gave it 10 games with 4 teams mate.
Blackpool 3W 3D 4L lost heavily and never dominated.
Liverpool 9W 1D 0L Mauled most teams by about 3 or 4 goals.Drew at old trafford 2-2
Huachipato(chile) W7 D3 L0 Pretty good but never dominated that much.
Parma W3 D4 L3 tend to concede early on and chase the game.

So overall its a good tactic if your one of the bigger teams in the league.
I tweaked it a bit and changed the mentality to control instead of attacking.
And also set passing to short.
This gave me better results as parma.

I think its not suitable if your a mid table/bottom table club as other teams will exploit the defence and score a bag of goals. But with a little more tweaking it could be really good.

I gave it 10 games with 4 teams mate.
Blackpool 3W 3D 4L lost heavily and never dominated.
Liverpool 9W 1D 0L Mauled most teams by about 3 or 4 goals.Drew at old trafford 2-2
Huachipato(chile) W7 D3 L0 Pretty good but never dominated that much.
Parma W3 D4 L3 tend to concede early on and chase the game.

So overall its a good tactic if your one of the bigger teams in the league.
I tweaked it a bit and changed the mentality to control instead of attacking.
And also set passing to short.
This gave me better results as parma.

I think its not suitable if your a mid table/bottom table club as other teams will exploit the defence and score a bag of goals. But with a little more tweaking it could be really good.

cheers mate for this
i will make some changes to the defence and see how that works for a low team in the prem maybe wolves or blackpool.

what would you recommend as changes to the defence?

I'll do it with Doncaster if you want.....

yep please mate

any advice you can give me on changes will be greatly appreciated

I'll give it a god with my Leighton Orient team,

cheers mate
any advice you can give me on changes will be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Update in the OP

After 5 games with Leyton Orient my results are as follows:

3-1 - Southampton - Home - JPT sth qtr final.
Dominated from start to finish.
2-1 - MK Dons - Away - L1
Went 1 behind, great comeback after half time.
2-3 - Southampton - Away - FA 1st Rnd replay.
Got dominated took a 2-1 lead 10 mins after half time, conceaded a penalty and collapsed after.
1-3 - Tranmere - Away - L1
Got dominated, never looked good enough to win.
0-2 - Southampton - Home - L1
Held on until 60th min when they took they lead and dominated the rest of the game

Overall, good tactic, works well but only with a full strength side, lost my best AMC after the dons game, and didn't have good cover.

After 5 games with Leyton Orient my results are as follows:

3-1 - Southampton - Home - JPT sth qtr final.
Dominated from start to finish.
2-1 - MK Dons - Away - L1
Went 1 behind, great comeback after half time.
2-3 - Southampton - Away - FA 1st Rnd replay.
Got dominated took a 2-1 lead 10 mins after half time, conceaded a penalty and collapsed after.
1-3 - Tranmere - Away - L1
Got dominated, never looked good enough to win.
0-2 - Southampton - Home - L1
Held on until 60th min when they took they lead and dominated the rest of the game

Overall, good tactic, works well but only with a full strength side, lost my best AMC after the dons game, and didn't have good cover.

cheers for trying it mate, i still need to tweak it a bit more though
any advice on tweaking?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

I have updated the OP with a tactic which is hopefully alot more sturdy in defence i havent conceded in a few games with it so it looks to be closer to perfect

cheers for trying it mate, i still need to tweak it a bit more though
any advice on tweaking?

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

I have updated the OP with a tactic which is hopefully alot more sturdy in defence i havent conceded in a few games with it so it looks to be closer to perfect
I moved the DMC & AMC to MC with the same Deep Playmaker support, and Advanced Playmaker attack, got a lot of better results that way.