Tactic testing for FM23 is back!

Thank you all so much for your hard work, the community really appreciates it! Do you think it will be up before the end of the week?

I have been checking this forum thread every day, first thing after starting PC, for more than 2 weeks now. Let's just hope they will make it before the end of the year and thank them for the great effort done every year 🙏🙏🙏 I wonder if the merge with MrL tactics increased the tactic testing process....(?) Could be good news for all of us. Thanks to the creators and testers for all the great effort 🙏🙏🙏

You're right if the game won't get updates until February. But my guess is that the match engine update will come before or shortly after the tactical test results are shared and the data generated will be of no use.
It's like I said :)

Since the name of the game is football manager 2023, I think they will release it in 2023 :)

Hey sorry for the long wait, I've had some health issues these past months and everything related to FMB has been quite slowed down.
Tactic testing is ready, I had some test for the previous match engine version, but they released a new one, so I'm restarting it to publish results with the new ME.

I will share very soon (aka today, hopefully) the new save file and editor db, and as soon as we get a decent amount of tactics tested, the beta site will be updated with those!

Again, sorry for the delay.

Hey sorry for the long wait, I've had some health issues these past months and everything related to FMB has been quite slowed down.
Tactic testing is ready, I had some test for the previous match engine version, but they released a new one, so I'm restarting it to publish results with the new ME.

I will share very soon (aka today, hopefully) the new save file and editor db, and as soon as we get a decent amount of tactics tested, the beta site will be updated with those!

Always this excuse? Why keep saying its close, its close, instead of beeing honest about how long it will take?

W

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the timeline/expectations. Hope all is well health-wise, that is primary. Excited to show the team that fired me what they are missing when the beta comes out.

I know you'll be slinging out testing these tactics, but I have had trouble finding the table and the subheadings seem to change depending on what part of the FM Base site you are on.

If someone could link the table here whenever it comes out. That would be awesome. If I see it first I will attempt to do the same.

Best of luck Ya'll!

Admin edit: This message has been corrected for spam

Hi mate. I'm used to compare tactics in both websites and also on MrL (before the merge) and many other ones. I think all fm tactic lovers have interest on comparing in different tables, with different criterias and methodologies. Maybe that's precisely the reason you ended up here. Also top creators like to check their tactics with the different criterias, views etc... I can find the names of Zaz, Will, .... in different forums, many times contributing to make things better for all of us. There are so much criterias in the game, like in real life, some tactics can work with your team or not... In a forum a tactic with 80k downlads o_O don't work at all for me and has average test results in other sites

Each forum has its own history and deserve respect for the great effort. Many started here. Thanks to all of you 🙏🙏🙏, have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still my go to site, but I agree that it's helpful to see how other testing leagues approach tactic testing and what the results are, @Luigi hopefully you are feeling on the mend and thanks as always to all here for the hard work testing tactics

Hope you’re okay @Luigi take your time. Focus on yourself if you need to I’m sure we can all wait ❤️

Another little update: I have tested some tactics, one of which multiple times to see if there was a lot of difference in the results; there was and it made me realise I had made an error while updating the automated system.
In the meantime that I solve a very idiotic issue I created when updating the testing suite, here are the Testing DB and the Testing Save File:

Test Editor Data 2023
Test Save Game 2023

While loading the Save Game, since the latest patch, there are 2 warning errors. You can just ignore those and press ok, the test will work correctly until the end of the season (30th July).

As always the steps to use the Save File are the same: add the tactic you're testing to both managers; maximise tactic familiarity; freeze all players in the league (healed and max morale); either play the league or simulate until the end.

any danger of a date for the tactic testing page to be up and running ?