Tactic to Take me from the 24th Tier of English Football to Football League?

moranster

Reaction score
Impossible? No. Unrealistic? Yes. Unrealistic with the right tactic? Most definitely not. Time-consuming? ****, yes. I'm hoping someone can recommend me a lowest league tactic which will take me from the 24th tier of English football to the Football League before the release of FM '16. Any tips or tricks would be massively appreciated. I'm not picky but I much prefer p&p tactics which don't require much tweaking if any and all that good stuff. Thanks in advance! :D

That's awkward, just stopped myself from posting on 'Share & Download...', thought I'd redirected myself to there. Thank you and I hope you might have a suggestion for me when I repost. (K)

That's awkward, just stopped myself from posting on 'Share & Download...', thought I'd redirected myself to there. Thank you and I hope you might have a suggestion for me when I repost. (K)
The only suggestion you'll get from me is to create your own. ;)

The only suggestion you'll get from me is to create your own. ;)

Rather let others take the credit. ;) Is the way forward in LLM to literally create a tactic from scratch based on your team's best roles? I don't understand TIs, OIs, mentalities, team shape, set-piece exploits, etc. I had good success using Sir Goalalot with Manchester United, that was literally a case of all I had to worry about was morale and training.

Morale and training is so easy, all you had to worry about was clicking continue. 'LLM' is the same as anywhere else.

Morale and training is so easy, all you had to worry about was clicking continue. 'LLM' is the same as anywhere else.

View attachment 236999View attachment 236998I've created a tactic according to my team's strengths and have set TI & OI based on some research I did which has provided other users who've struggled in LLM with instant improvements/success. I've left all training to my AssMan since I figure he knows better than I do. Anything I can do? Set-piece tweaks/'exploits' I can use for extra goals to give me the edge over stronger teams? Obviously not so much throw-ins since it'll take me a while to find a player in the 24th tier with 14+ long throws to teach him the flat throw PPM and even longer to find a technical coach capable of teaching said player that. It's my understanding that corner-taking ability is irrelevant as long as the corner is taken by the left and right FB/WB. Any pointers?

EDIT: It's worth mentioning the AF is actually natural as an SS but was pretty convincing that a 4-4-2 formation is the way forward in the LLM opposed to a 4-4-1-1.

Last edited:
If you're looking for exploits, good luck. I want no part of that. The TIs are just plain strange, in some cases. You've gone way overboard.

If you're looking for exploits, good luck. I want no part of that. The TIs are just plain strange, in some cases. You've gone way overboard.

Just literally copied and pasted someone else's TI suggestions that worked for others who were initially struggling in LLM.

Just literally copied and pasted someone else's TI suggestions that worked for others who were initially struggling in LLM.
That doesn't mean it's not a mess. Especially with the way you're set up.

That doesn't mean it's not a mess. Especially with the way you're set up.

What would you recommend? Removing all TIs and keeping the tactic according to my team's strengths?

What would you recommend? Removing all TIs and keeping the tactic according to my team's strengths?
Add TIs when you see you need them. Over a period of 2-3 games, you'll have a few to set as standard already.

Last edited:
Maybe you should give this one a try: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...deadly-circle-good-old-fashioned-4-4-2-a.html

It's a basic 4-4-2 and it's really good!

My experiences:
View attachment 926051View attachment 926054View attachment 926057View attachment 926060

I promoted twice in 2 years, but I'm really struggling in the premier division now, due to my bad reputation. I couldn't sign any player good enough for an average premier division team.

Thank you very much for your input, I really appreciate it. :) Will give this tactic a whirl!