Tactic to use against team playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1?

daisuke

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm currently playing with 4-2-3-1 formation which proves doesnt really work against team playing the same formation and 4-5-1. I have to play MU in community shield and this is the first time theyre playing 4-2-3-1. Last year only Tottenham played this formation and I concede 4goals :S

------------------------------------------------------Hulk--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hazard-------------------------------------------Pastore------------------------------------------Sanchez/Suarez
----------------------------------------Gerrard------------Annan------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mattock/Coentrao---------------Sakho----------------Otamendi----------------------Johnson/Fernandes
-----------------------------------------------------Reina-------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I have new players to use, Abel Hernandez might come in a few days, only waiting work permit now. I also loan Babacar, who scored 4goals in 4preseason matches. Got Griezmann, Willian as well. Also in a hunt of MC, hopefully can get a transfer fee agreed on Pjanic or Nuri Sahin or Vidal. So I'm really in a dilemma whether just go with 1 striker, or partner Abel Hernandez with Hulk. Thoughts?Can you guys also suggest what tactic should I use against team playing 4-5-1?