psycadelik

Reaction score
Hi guys,
what is the tactic you think the striker score the most goals?

thanks

4-4-1-1 with a Shadow Striker playing behind a Deep-Lying Forward. I had players in both positions score 32 goals each in all competitions in one season - although I finished 2nd in the Premier League that year. Generally, the Shadow Striker will be the main goal threat, particularly if he is good in the air with a decent rating for Finishing. The Deep-Lying Forward will be effective in the channels and on the rebound from some of the SS's shots:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1-real-4-4-2-how-i-learned-play-triangle.html

Best to have two decent DLFs for rotation and also a good dribbling Advanced Playmaker or Trequartista who can come in at No.10 for the SS to enable you to play on the counter attack.

It depends... I Spain, you would do well with good wingers and good Target men, since most of teams have high D-line and not very tall defence. In England there is not much space, so quck striker and good counter would give you better results.

There is no perfect setup, but setup that suits your competition and your ligue best.

In my experiance, if you want dominant striker, you should play game where striker will have more room. That mean, counter game, with good passer behind him. If you want to dominate game in possesion, best option is attacking wingers and tall striker.

I've had a lot of success with a rather standard high press possession-oriented 4-2-3-1 tactic, where the AMC is an AP or Trequartista, and the lone striker plays as Poacher with with hold position, close down less, ease off tackles, and shoot more often individual instructions, it's very similar to Klose's goalscoring style for the German NT (pretty important to have the work ball into box team instruction when telling a player to shoot more often though).

Recently had a 17 year old kid become the league's top scorer, up until he got his big 25 goal landmark bonus and had a dramatic decrease in form, scoring only once in the last 8 games, while missing 3 penalties from 3 attempted. When playing a stronger and more experienced striker, a 4-1-2-2-1 formation would probably work as well.