nasturas

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can someone recommend me a good tactic with wide attacking midfielders like wingers or inside forwards? I'm playing with Nottingham Forest.

Last edited:
Its so hard in this years FM, I use to win everything in previous FM's with wingers. This year, it all depends what you want your wingers for. I would say a wide 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (DM 4-1-2-2-1).

So if you're wanting wingers to run wide and cross the ball in often, I recommend using a right footed player on the right side who DOESNT cut in from the wings, another good trait is "Passes rather than shoots" and "knocks ball past opponent"(vice versa on the left) & the faster the better. Play 4-2-3-1 with the CAM as an AM,AP or SS, all depends on other roles. So I use to deliberately obtain a player who was "right foot only" because it made it more rare that they would try and cut in and would force them to onto their right foot meaning it's going to be a cross.

If its an IF you want (I wouldn't play a CAM - I'd play the 4-3-3) then you want them 'cutting in' and you want a left footed player on the right and you want someone who has good finishing and can "curl ball" as they will often cut in just outside the box and take a shot, these players are often known as selfish (Depay, Martial) and will spray long range shots and I find them frustrating.

Pacey wingers, good header in ST slot.

I like the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3 if i am more defensive. 4123 wiht IFs can be effective with them cutting inside. An AMC with IFs can make htings a bit crowded.